Conestoga Dive Pics from today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air_Miser

Reaction score
Ok, my fingers have warmed up enought to type.

Did The Connie today with Drowned-Rat, ArtW, and FreeFloat. Haven't got the marine-pack for my camera yet so all I can offer is shore pics, still worth a peek though. Photos are here:

http://www.ottawascubaswap.com/connie/cold-connie.htm

In a related story, I'll be buying a frigging drysuit REALLY soon.

cheers!
Matt.

it was a nice dive. did about 30 minutes before my backupregulator decided to freeflow. freefloat and I are going back tomorrow and we're going to try the drift. if her regulator acts up again we'll just freedive it.
I've never been so excited to dive the conny.

Loved the captions :) I should have the underwater pics developed today and worst case (if they even turned out) I'll have them scanned and posted by Monday. As for temp I don't have a temp guage but I believe 32 was the number on Matts guage. Either way pretty chilly :)

Cheers

knives:
Nice pictures, it sure does look cold out there!

Nice photo's, good to see some adventurous folks out having fun.

The last pic shows one of the biggest hazards of diving the river when it starts to warm up. It's not uncommon to see large sheets of ice drifting down the river that will sometimes catch on the shore , or objects like the connies stack. Uh oh, now it's an overhead dive, where was that exit again?

Just something to keep in the back of your mind when planning your dive.

Good point Kevin. Our dive plan was to stay on the shipping channel side of the smoke stack. It was kind of neat seeing little iceburgs drifting down the middle of the river... due to the large expanse of open water downstream from the stack I was confident in the dive plan that you'd need a pretty -big- 'berg to block all exit points.
For our second dive I was able to try out the X-shorts. Love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom