ScubaSwap Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGE925

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Circumstances have required me to book a vacation trip down south with inopportune timing, where I will be returning home to Montreal the evening of April 25, the first day of ScubaSwap. I had planned originally to be at ScubaSwap on the 25th to sell off some equipment and (probably) buy some gear as well. A couple of questions for those who have attended in the past:

1) If I drive down and arrive very early the morning of the 26th, will there still be used equipment for sale even worth looking at, or will all the good stuff have been bought the first day?
2) Do the organizers allow used equipment to be put up for sale on the second day, and do you think it would be worth it to bring it down and try to sell?
3) If they do allow it, is there a lot of equipment put up for sale only on the second day, or is Day 1 really the only time to attend for the best selection?

It's a five hour drive for me, and I'd like to have some idea of whether it's worth it to come halfway through the show.

Thanks in advance...

Friday evening is for dropping off and registering equipment to be sold, only. No sales occur on Friday.

Registered gear is offered for sale Saturday morning, and there is always a fairly long line waiting to get in. When the doors open the rush is on, and many bargains can be sold within a short time, though deals can still be found throughout the day.

Saturday morning is a very busy time, but efforts are made to accommodate people like you who were unable to register gear Friday night for whatever legitimate reason. If you show up with boxes of dozens of items, prepare to be disappointed. However, if you show up early enough, with a reasonable number of items, the club will make an effort to help you out.

Friday evening is for dropping off and registering equipment to be sold, only. No sales occur on Friday.

Registered gear is offered for sale Saturday morning, and there is always a fairly long line waiting to get in. When the doors open the rush is on, and many bargains can be sold within a short time, though deals can still be found throughout the day.

Saturday morning is a very busy time, but efforts are made to accommodate people like you who were unable to register gear Friday night for whatever legitimate reason. If you show up with boxes of dozens of items, prepare to be disappointed. However, if you show up early enough, with a reasonable number of items, the club will make an effort to help you out.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, as I can only get there SUNDAY morning, I'll probably be hosed, It doesn't look like it's worth the drive. Looks like I'll have to give it a pass for this year

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom