Emergency Numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapest

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can someone give me emergency numbers to call for dive accidents in Canada, from the Alex-bay area to Cornwall. Thanks :eyebrow:

My DM notes show in the Brockville area, EMS is called at 911.

The only thing with calling 911 on a cell phone around the St Lawrence River, if you do call, please tell them you're calling from Canada. With the USA just across the river, some of the cell towers are over State side, not on the Canadian side, so you may get the operator from the States.

That seems like a pretty important tip.

Yuppers it is... in fact it's on my "accident" sheets (who to call and their numbers, details to record etc )that I created -- in big bold letters.

As it's very common in case of accidents we don't always think in a clear logical sequence, I wanted to make sure when I followed the sheets, I wouldn't forget to clearly identify where I was.

Just a note.....if it is a scuba diving accident, make sure you say so when you call 911. I don't know if it makes as much difference up there as it does here in California, but can't hurt. Second call should be to DAN hotline that covers Canada...so find it and take it when you go or call them in advance and get their advice on where to call while you are there. dyanna

sirensmyst:
Just a note.....if it is a scuba diving accident, make sure you say so when you call 911. I don't know if it makes as much difference up there as it does here in California, but can't hurt. Second call should be to DAN hotline that covers Canada...so find it and take it when you go or call them in advance and get their advice on where to call while you are there. dyanna

Yeah, SM, pretty much standard procedure in Scuba Rescue, to state that the victim has been breathing compressed gas.

The same here as any other developed country.

Impressive diving resume, sirensmyst.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom