Night Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDN ff

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone feel like a night dive this weekend? Thursday or friday night? either one of the quarries, or the Morrison, or something like that??

I can probably do a Friday night... what were you thinking??? Its been a while since I've done one... a long while...

Forgot to mention... The Mo'(JC Morrision) is probably out for this weekend as Barrie is having a Grand Prix of go carts up there this weekend. Access to Lakeshore is closed today until the 27th...

Chris, you missed us at BBP last night. It rained a bit, but the water temps were toasty in the mid 50s. Great visibility and we even had a rainbow or two show up during our surface interval.

If you're planning a night dive at Gullivers.
1) Inform them at the front gate. Normal closing time is dusk.
2) Bring mosquito repellant. They arrive at dusk and will eat you alive
3) Bring a lantern. There's very little light along the laneway or grassy area and packing your gear with just a dive light is a great way to lose stuff.
4) Have a great time.

Warren_L:
Chris, you missed us at BBP last night. It rained a bit, but the water temps were toasty in the mid 50s. Great visibility and we even had a rainbow or two show up during our surface interval.

Yeah, it sounded like it was going to be a good one. I had to work days, though, and would never have made it up there for your 7ish start time. Glad the weather held for you!
Hopefully, I can get in the water sometime this weekend...

Warren_L:
Yeah, it was great. Total in-water time just over an hour and a half, temps mid fifties. Since my gear's in Kingston I just freedived and managed to drop in on Warren & buddy around 40' a few times. Although it started out rough it settled down toward dusk. Vis not bad, 30'-ish.

FreeFloat:
Yeah, it was great. Total in-water time just over an hour and a half, temps mid fifties. Since my gear's in Kingston I just freedived and managed to drop in on Warren & buddy around 40' a few times. Although it started out rough it settled down toward dusk. Vis not bad, 30'-ish.

So are you going to pack up your gear and stuff it into your truck, next time you're in Ktown?

Under Michael:
So are you going to pack up your gear and stuff it into your truck, next time you're in Ktown?
You know it! :D

It's coming with me to T.O. as of this weekend..... damn I've been dry too long!

Back
Top Bottom