Dive sites for beginners ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cabio

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for easy sites to dive with my son, not too far (3hr) from Montreal. Just certified so depth (60') is an issue, also termperature, we have 2mm long john + jacket combination + 2mm shorty (all together 6mm in core area).

Dived the Rothesay and Conestoga august 28th. and loved it.

Just a name or location will do as I can find info on the net.

Thanks

Shore-
Morrisburg drift close to shore along the old canal wall max 35 feet.
Prescott scuba playground. max 40 feet.
Centeen park in Brockville. max 35 feet.
Drift down from the Connestoga to the Legion hall close to shore. max 35 feet.
Morrisons Quarry max 60 feet.

Boat - Gaskin, top of wreck 50 feet. max 75. Lots to see above 60.
Keystorm - wreck starts at 20 feet, max 115. Lots to see above 60.
Twisted Sisters - near Keystorm - max 15 feet.

All other 1000 islands boat dive sites are too advanced for a beginner IMO.
anything in Cornwall is too advanced for a beginner as well I would think. maybe except the barges or the belly dumber (Never done it)

Numerous Kingston sites.

Morrison's Quarry in Wakefield Quebec is good also... There is no current but the water is cold below 50' . There is a sunken plane, tugboat, and SUBWAY submarine (lol). Its a good spot for practising your technic. It's 40' - 60' deep at the edges but drops 130' in the center. ( just stay away from the center ) Entrance fee is $10

Kingston is a great place if you dont mind the drive for starters I think you and your son would like Burle road quarry/Noah's Ark it's only 25 ft deep but still a nice fun dive l like itHere is a list of some other shore dives in kingston
The Marine Museum/Pump house
Mortin St Wharf
Behind the KPH
just a few spots where I have been and still enjoy going to I 'll see if I get links to a few areas.I you go to www.northerntechdiver.com there are a few site maps of the shore dives in kingston aswell hope this helps a bit

Back
Top Bottom