OTS Guardian & Go Pro Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, looking at both....no easy way.

Although, you could attach a little L bracket off the side of the mask, then attach the Go pro to that. That would work. Or make something that comes off the top of the tank. The Go Pro has such a wide viewing angle that it would get the front half of your body, and everything in front of you....giving a cool look.

You could probably angle this somehow....
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/head-mount-p-2998.html

I will have some more of the head strap back in stock in a couple days. I will see how it works :wink:

I don't have the go pro camera yet, so I can't play with it, but I was thinking that maybe using the flat mounting plate on the left side of the mask, in the same location the ABV is on the right side.

I had not thought of putting it on the tank, I would like to see what the view looks like from there.

In dark water when I will also be using my Darkbuster Dive light, I think mounting the camera to the top of my light would be a good option.

Sounds like I need to just get the camera so I can play with some different options.

Any other thoughts on how to use the camera? One of the main reason's I'm looking at using the camera this way is to document underwater search & rescue operations.

Great camera!!

Puttin it on the mask, like the ABV, would have the camera sideways, giving you a sideways view. This could be edited later, but the sizing would be off even though you could rotate it.

On top of the light would be a great option as the light would help illuminate for the camera. We both know your not diving in crystal clear conditions :wink:

I see this is an old post. Any new developments? I have a light I mount on the rail system. I was thinking about mounting the camera on the light via a Go Pro handlebar or roll bar mount.

Go pro came out with a sideways mount that is for helmets ect. It was 12.95 from go pro .com. I put one on the side of my guardian side window with a u clamp light mount ( held on with 3m tape same as the go pro base has from amazon) from dive gear express(6.00) on each side below the surface vent and the camera. I now have a place to mount my hog back up morph lights with video heads from DRIS It works great. Click the camera in the mount and the. Pop the two lights in and I'm ready to go. All for less than 25.00

We do offer an awesome mounting option for the GoPro. It works out great although compared to Herb's setup is a little more pricey. We have a Universal Rail which you can mount GoPros and dive lights on your mask.

Feel free to email me, and I can send you a .PDF on instructions on how it is installed.

V/R,

Andy Nelson
Sales & Training Representative
Underseas Systems International dba
Ocean Technology Systems
Phone: (714) 754-7848 Ext. 106
Mobile: (949) 705-7739
Ocean Technology Systems

Back
Top Bottom