OTS comms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

25_Ton_Master

Registered
Reaction score
I have a STX101 and 2010. Mine are not as clear as the one in the training video. It looks like I might have a older transucer on the 2010. My is a few years old. Is this normalfor older units? Also how often do I need to charge the battery in STX 101. I dont use it much.

Found the problem mic was out of ajustment in face mask.

Last edited:
I have a STX101 and 2010. Mine are not as clear as the one in the training video. It looks like I might have a older transucer on the 2010. My is a few years old. Is this normalfor older units? Also how often do I need to charge the battery in STX 101. I dont use it much.

Found the problem mic was out of ajustment in face mask.

Hi 25_Ton_Master,

Apologies for the late reply, I've been out of the office for the past week.

Glad you diagnosed/fixed the issue with the 2010 (or in this case the earphone/microphone assembly). Mic placement is 90% of the problem when I run into people having "weak signal" or "distant sounding" comms. The mic is actually a noise-canceling microphone, so if it is tucked behind the skirt, or at a 1/2 inch from your lips, you could be losing as much as 50% of the volume going out. We always recommend that it should be close enough so that when you pucker your lips, you should be able to "kiss" the microphone.

The older xducer should not be a problem, unless it has been dropped or suffered a dramatic impact to ruin the ceramic disc inside. I've run into some extremely old / worn xducers that are still working well -- age usually isn't an issue unless it has been throughly abused.

You should charge the batteries in the STX 101, at least once every 3 months if you are seldom using it, just to keep the battery cells active.

If you have any further questions let me know -- I should be able to respond more quickly this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom