Tikehau, Manihi & Bora Bora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zod066

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
First of all - diving in Tikehau is unbelievable!

I forgot to service my gear before I left and ran out of air on the first dive there with 20 bar showing on my gauge and needed the occy of my guide Gilles, but once I knew where the empty tag was - no problem (to think that my tank was always a good fill!). Mantas, fish of all species, fish of all species, mantas (have I already said this?) and more fish and mantas. Clear water, no current and the best diving I have ever done. A must visit for anyone who can get there.

YouTube - Manta Ray at Tikehau

Manihi, surptisingly, was very different. Same coral, but with a completely different feel. Snorkelling from our room was exceptional (for all of the divers who's partners don't dive) and the staff at the Pearl Resort were like family.

Didn't dive in Taha'a because I was told that the Crown of Thorns had decimated the reefs (plus I dived there in 2006) but Bora Bora is back!

Muri Muri is my fave site there and it lived up to my expectations. Hand fed a Hawkesbill Turtle, Barracuda, Sharks, clear water and nice coral. Anau has the Mantas back after all of the new resorts, so that was cool to swim with them again.

All was good until my camera housing flooded on the forth last day of the vacation with 993 photos on the memory stick (luckily the stick survived!!!!!).

Here are my links if anyone is interested. (Please note that they have been color corrected on Adobe).

Tikehau
KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

Manihi

Bora Bora

Please understand that I am not an underwater photographer. Just a diver with a point and shoot camera.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom