Diving in Yap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where2Next

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did a forum search and could not find any info. Has anyone been to Yap and stayed at O'Keefe's Waterfront Inn, what did you think? We are also looking at diving with Beyond the Reef dive shop, any opinions? There are four of us and I like the idea of a more boutique lodge and diving center, but I can not find much info on them.

Thanks!

I went to Yap in 2006. I stayed at O'Keefe's and LOVED it!! Beautiful building, great rooms, amazing views. The staff was excellent. Sitting on the porch in the rocking chair just relaxing after diving was wonderful. O'Keefe's is a much nicer, more personal experience than the Manta Bay resort next door.

I did my diving with Beyond the Reef. They were outstanding! They actually picked me up at the airport, threw my bags in the back of the truck and drove me to the dive shop. I went diving that morning. The manta dives were stunning - so close, I actually thought one was going to hit me. The dive master (can't recall his name) was superb. Great personalized service.

After my several days of diving, I also went fishing with Beyond the Reef. Another super amazing experience.

I can't say enough good things about both O'Keefe's and Beyond the Reef. At least back in 2006, they were both second to none. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

Thank you for the feedback! Sounds like a fantastic trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom