Diving prices on PNG compared to Cairns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whaack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been researching the prices of the week long liveabords out of Cairns such as Mike Ball and the price seems very high. I noticed a rate of aprox. $5,000.00 per week per person. This seems very high compared to other liveaboards I have been on. Would the Liveaboard\ resort diving be less expensive out of PNG? Also can anyone recommend a good travel agent in Aus. who would be able to come up with some good pricing for a 3 week vacation. Thanks.

I have been researching the prices of the week long liveabords out of Cairns such as Mike Ball and the price seems very high. I noticed a rate of aprox. $5,000.00 per week per person. This seems very high compared to other liveaboards I have been on. Would the Liveaboard\ resort diving be less expensive out of PNG? Also can anyone recommend a good travel agent in Aus. who would be able to come up with some good pricing for a 3 week vacation. Thanks.

The most expensive cabin is approx $5000. However the cheapest cabin is approx $3500.
PNG is just as expensive as Australia for diving.

http://www.diversiondivetravel.com.au/welcome.html
A good travel agent based in Cairns. I have used for several trips.

Last edited:
I think you might find that some Cairns operators charge a premium price for North American customers. Highly unethical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom