Fiji suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

igneous

Registered
Reaction score
Going to Fiji later this month and I'm trying to get some dive suggestions. The Beqa shark dive seems like a must do, but from what I've read the diving near there isnt amazing, but the sharks are. I havent booked accommodations yet. Basically looking for great dives/dive companies to go with other then the Beqa dive. Some tips on where to stay would be great too. Some of the all inclusive places are intriguing, but not if its going to cost us $500 a night. Might try to play a round of golf while I'm there as well.

WE ABSOLUTELY enjoyed Beqa Lagoon Resort------& saw 2 TSs on the shark dive...........Here's the smaller one(14')...
13647034524_6d8230b233_o.jpg
[/URL]14 ft. Tiger shark...Beqa Lagoon, Fiji by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

More shark dive pics here........
https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157643466806175/

Wananavu is cheaper then Beqa and better diving!

I thought the shark dive was amazing(!!!) - everything else about beqa did not compare to other diving spots in Fiji. At beqa lagoon I literally felt like cattle from the moment I arrived. However some people like/don't mind that kind of thing.

Ok, I think we're going to do 2 shark dives with Beqa Adventure Divers. Now I'm looking for great soft coral dives. From what I read the soft coral dives from Beqa arent the best? Should we go back to the main island and do a couple soft coral type dives with Wananavu? I was reading that some of the best diving is up near Taveuni? The garden island resort in Taveuni is reasonable, so thats another option. Im getting swayed by some of the sites saying Taveuni has some of the best dives in the world so its hard to decide. At the same time getting discouraged by having to take a flight to taveuni, and its short notice so I dont know how possible that will be any way. Possible to do a couple dives at wananavu without staying there? Its only a couple hour drive so we thought maybe we could drive there and stay elsewhere. Its a little pricey

---------- Post added September 7th, 2014 at 12:16 AM ----------

Sorry one more question(I'm searching but not finding any solid answers). I keep reading about the Manta rays, is it worth seeking out diving/snorkeling with these? I have swam with them when I was whale shark snorkeling, so I feel like it could be a little repetitive and not worth seeking out specifically.

Last edited:
Suva is not far from the shark dive area. The flight was very cool, low flying and small you could see all the reefs and landing at tavenui is pretty neat too. Also check out Paradise, they run specials every once in a while. Great white wall, Rainbow reef, Annie's bombie, def some great diving there! Paradise has a good house reef too. Go for it!

Suva is not far from the shark dive area. The flight was very cool, low flying and small you could see all the reefs and landing at tavenui is pretty neat too. Also check out Paradise, they run specials every once in a while. Great white wall, Rainbow reef, Annie's bombie, def some great diving there! Paradise has a good house reef too. Go for it!
paradise does look awesome, but at $500 a night it's a bit too much for our budget. None of their specials would work for me either. Does look great though!

When we went they had a special. One week, water front bure, for the two us, with a basic meal plan was about 2,500 total. I think it included our diving too, can't totally remember now. However it was a few years back, and they were new then. There is a brand spanking new dive resort due to open any day (I think) check it out too... Taveuni Dive Resort they might have grand opening specials. Best of luck!

I'm going to Taveuni this Sunday for 11 days - been there before in 2012 - diving with Taveuni Dive again cos they're good and got a good price - lots of world-class diving to be had - sharks too but not commercial, not fed by hand - contact Taveuni Dive via their website and ask Muriel and Carl where the cheaper places are to stay - if they don't know, no-one will. Chances are you might be able to even stay in someone's house which would be a lot cheaper than any resort. Just ask them. I'm staying with a mate who bought a house there cos he was so blown away by the diving. Hope to see you there. It's a third world setup on the island so eating with the locals is really cheap and there's great seafood served.

Liam - Carl and Muriel are the couple who are opening Taveuni Dive Resort I mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom