Fakarava and Rangiroa diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wahlaoeh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, I'm planning a trip to dive the French Polynesia next January and planned to spend about 2 weeks diving Fakarava/Rangiroa. Note: this is an add-on prior to me joining bigfishexpedition trip to dive Nuku Hiva in search of the melon-headed whales. :) I have heard some great reviews on the shark diving in the South Pass. Am planning to stay 6 nights at Pension Tetamanu Village and diving 4 days with Eleuthera. Will it be worth to spend more time there or travel to dive the North Pass. Is the variety in the North Pass similar to the South or will I see something different? I also read about some good reviews on Rangiroa but am not sure if this is the best time to visit. Topdive told my friends to plan their trip later (sometime in April) to have the best weather and diving conditions. I have to make this trip in January. My options are open and hope to explore the best diving in the French Polynesia so any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
Happy bubbles,
Jovin-

Back
Top Bottom