Just finalized exact trip dates to Rangiroa----will be going May 10 thru 19, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
& staying @ Kia Ora...One of the best parts of the trip is it will be wife & I ALONG WITH our daughter & SIL----1st vacation in over 15 years that our daughter & us have been on together(last one was when she was about ~ age 24 & getting outta college & getting on her own)--- really looking forward to it!!!..........Looks like we'll go with Top Dive for our diving----any suggestions as to what to see/do after daily dive time is done(lol---accomplished)????........tia.....

There's not a lot to do on Rangi other than sit and watch the lagoon and the sunset. You can go into the village half way round the atoll for a look around or do a pearl farm tour. If you have a look at rangi on google earth you will get an idea of what im talking about - its a strip of coral around a very big lagoon. Have you thought about another dive op - if you dont want to dive with a french op 6 passengers is a good alternative. Top Dive get many bad reviews. Relax and go and watch the dolphins surfing tipuata pass every afternoon and enjoy simplicity - the diving is awesome.

There's not a lot to do on Rangi other than sit and watch the lagoon and the sunset. You can go into the village half way round the atoll for a look around or do a pearl farm tour. If you have a look at rangi on google earth you will get an idea of what im talking about - its a strip of coral around a very big lagoon. Have you thought about another dive op - if you dont want to dive with a french op 6 passengers is a good alternative. Top Dive get many bad reviews. Relax and go and watch the dolphins surfing tipuata pass every afternoon and enjoy simplicity - the diving is awesome.

Thanks Wingy-------kinda what I thought/was expecting.....Sounds a lot like the activities on Little Cayman-------& we(esp wife) LOVES that ie sitting, relaxing, & reading a good book(among other things--:))....How is internet connections @ Kia Ora,-----lol if any???.....Needing to figure out if to plan on taking Ipads/laptops etc etc......TIA....

Not sure if Kia Ora has internet tho I suspect it will have horrendously expensive comms like all of french polynesia. I stay at a polynesian family Pension and didnt actually notice there was wifi in the main dining area until the day I was leaving - its a nice place to unplug. Id err on saying yes they would have internet at least in the bar or reception area. I took my Ipad preloaded with a couple of good books a heap of great music and some movies and most afternoons sat on the beach listening to music watching the dolphins and the world go by...its that kinda place - enjoy :)

Another vote for 6 Passengers, great service The 6 Passengers - Rangiroa dive center - Home Also see my dive report from 2013 http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pa...ort-rangiroa-fakarava-french-polynesia-2.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom