Does anyone have a dive site map of the Don Armeni Boat Launch site off Alki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

overandunderwater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went yesterday and have a sense of it but it was my first and suspect that there's a lot more there then I saw. Went down the East side of the mound, followed the channel to 100 feet then headed North then back towards the retaining wall. Found a nice pile of slabs with a nesting Rockfish and Lingcod. Any further direction would be nice as I enjoyed this dive.

Just an FYI; diving off the boat ramp, or any boat ramp in Seattle, is illegal and the cops will give you a ticket if they see you.

Our club has dove off the Duwamish Head overlook just west of the ramp, by climbing over the rail and into the water at highish tide. Helps to have a knotted rope to get out with.

The rocks go down pretty deep and there's a fair amount of life there, other than that there is just sand of various depths and left over pilings from the old Luna Park piers. One guy did find an old doll's head there.

Jack

I found the body, that's funny. It was a Barbie like doll I'd say, it was split in two. I did see the pilings but thought maybe they were from the saw mill I hear was there.
You're suppose to stay 300' from the launch, there are other entry and exit points that I found and took advantage of so no tickets for us.

Luna Park was a huge amusement park there in the early 1900's. There's still treasures to be found, but there's also a lot of sand ;-).

Jack

Back
Top Bottom