Does this mean I have to change my SB handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mohave_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I have finally succeded in my attempts to escape Purgatory. I am on my way to my new home in the Pacific North Wet. I will be living about 30 miles from Walla Walla.

I am sooooo looking forward to exploring the dive opportunities available in WA & ID. I will be in the Seattle area to begin my new dive adventure March 7 & 8 and could use a guided tour. Any volunteers?

BTW: Is there any diving to be done on the Snake River around Little Goose Dam?

Thanks Everyone.

(No longer Mohave) Steve

Welcome to the PNW Steve!

(Isn't Mohave spelled with a J? Maybe you could pioneer a new dive site around Little Goose dam and call it Mohave, that way you wouldn't have to change your handle. Ha.)

BTW: Is there any diving to be done on the Snake River around Little Goose Dam?

Little Goose Dam? That's the stinkin' middle of nowhere, Man! Did you buy a farm out that way or something? Don't get me wrong, I'm a country boy and love out-of-the-way places. Cool area. Very cool area.

Where you going to be? Dayton? Waitsburg? We've got a dive club in the Tri-Cities that is pretty active. THE OFFICIAL HOME PAGE OF THE ATOMIC DUCK SCUBA DIVING CLUB

-Ben

I wouldn't change it, always good to remember where you came from! Welcome to the PNW!

Hey Everyone,

I am finally getting settled in here in Dayton. Can somebody please point me towards the water?????

Has anyone done any diving on the Snake River??

To answer your question: No Mohave is not spelled with a "J". However Mojave is spelled with a "J"..... Any questions?? :)

I am sooo glad to be here. I don't think I am going to miss finishing a dive in 57degree water and surfacing to face 125degree air temps......

Airsix, what are your favorite dive sites in the area??

Thanks again everyone.

Steve

I will be headed to Tri-Cities tomorow and hope to check out the LDS.

WHAT!?!?! Who the heck am I going to dive with now?!?!?

But seriously, congrats on the move, Steve. VERY happy for you. Let me know if you're ever back in the desert or down in LA.

Andy

Hey Andy!!

I hope all is well with you. Hope you didn't get stuck in any of that nasty weather I was hearing about in Beijing.

I had hoped to get some diving in at Mohave before I left. Unfortunatly things happened so fast I didn't even have time to finish prepping the house for sale before I had to leave.

Yes, I still have the house down there and will be back to take care of things until it sells. (Anyone want to buy a house in AZ?). We will get some diving in for sure!

Maybe another Catalina trip?

I am in Seattle right now & wishing I had my dive gear with me. Unfortunately I am attending a work function and could not bring it with me :(

Take Care.

Steve

Airsix, what are your favorite dive sites in the area??

We do a little diving in the Columbia, both in the Tri-Cities and up in the Hanford Reach (Ringold is nice). I haven't dived the Snake at this end (I dove it a lot at the other end in SE Idaho as a kid). There are some lakes and reservoirs North between here and Spokane, but I'll tell you what, anymore I just want to go to Puget Sound. I will take any excuse I can for a trip over there to dive.

Check the Atomic Ducks link above. You should join. They do local club dives.

-Ben

You may want to check in with Gene at UnderSea Adventures in Kennewick. I did my UW training with them. Good guys at the shop. The PS has great diving and if you are motivated you can get there in under five hours.

Welcome to the northwest, you'll love if you can stand all the green without going nuts

:washington:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom