Best shops in Seattle/Tacoma area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orfreediver

Registered
Reaction score
Coming up for a visit at Christmas to the Seattle area and wanting to do some looking around while there. Hoping to move back to the PNW ASAP and wanting a good shop.

Help please.....Thank you

Overall, I think Tacoma Scuba... everything from Open Water to Rebreathers. What area are you looking at?

Coming up for a visit at Christmas to the Seattle area and wanting to do some looking around while there. Hoping to move back to the PNW ASAP and wanting a good shop.

Help please.....Thank you

come see us at Bellevue Divers, 1429 130th Ave NE, Bellevue WA 98005 (425) 453-5100

I don't think I've had a bad experience with any shop in the area, which I think may be a result of the relatively large number of dive shops for the population. They keep each other from having outrageous pricing, or doing anything crazy.

I've had great experiences at Tacoma Scuba, Joshua is a great guy. I'm in West Seattle so I get my fills from 5th D, and it's always fun to go talk diving while I wait for a fill to finish. My gf and I have done a bunch of dives with Octopus Gardens (they also used one of my photos on their facebook page) in Port Townsend, Don is a great story teller and the best reg tech in the area. I've had good dealings with Underwater Sports and Lighthouse, and I've met Craig from Silent World on a number of occasions.

There are more I haven't had much first hand experience with. Nearly everyone I've met at the shops is a local diver, and the most experienced people at every shop have thousands of dives to their names. They can really give good advice as to what works and what doesn't. There are also a number of very active dive clubs, with group dives nearly every day somewhere in the sound.

Thank you to all who responded, I am sitting in a bar at DIA about to head up. I wish I was diving on this trip but that can't always happen I guess. I am going spend a day hitting the shops as I can.
Have a great hoil day everyone and dive safe.

+1 Tacoma Scuba

It really depends on what you are wanting and needing -- not to mention where you are. Underwater Sports has a lot of shops spread out over the area; Lighthouse has a couple; Bubbles Below (in Woodinville near my house) works for me; 5th D is very convenient to the Alki Coves (common dive sites); TLSea in South Seattle; Silent World in Bellevue (not too far from DeMeds new shop listed above); and then there is a very nice shop in Auburn run by a great lady who is doing a wonderful job.

Lots of gear is available here and there -- so it comes back to What do you want and Where are you?

OTOH, if it is instruction you want, I have some very strong opinions!

+2 Tacoma

Thank you to all who responded, I am sitting in a bar at DIA about to head up. I wish I was diving on this trip but that can't always happen I guess. I am going spend a day hitting the shops as I can.
Have a great hoil day everyone and dive safe.

please do visit - and if you wish to put in a dive or two, i'll be diving every day 26th to 4th and have rental gear a go-go for every diver's size :)

PS sadly enough, a couple of the stores mentioned are actually up for sale or about to close\change ownership as we speak - we all hope they will stay open to continue serving the local community

Back
Top Bottom