Oregon divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoda-X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife just got her OW and I have my AOW. We are bothtaking the NITROX course right now and have recently purchased all of our own gear, including dry suits. We are looking to dive as much as possible and are hoping to meet people in the mid valley area to show us some of the great sites we have on the West coast. Any dive groups in the Eugene area?

We are heading to Roatan in August. Scuba has us addicted. Heck, just last night we put on our wetsuits, masks, fins and swam laps in the pool to strengthen up our calf muscles. Ugh, we are hooked.

IMG_1145.jpg

Thanks

David & Rhonda

Good Job! You are hooked to one of the best addictions! Let me know if u need any advise regarding Roatan. You are in for a great dive trip, you'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the sport! I grew up in Eastern Oregon (Umatilla County); I still have a small cabin out there (Wallowa County), but I live and dive in Florida now. Early in my diving experience my cousin (from the Portland area) and I did Wallowa Lake and a couple of other high altitude snow melt fed lakes, but the best diving I have done in the NW is in the Puget Sound / Hoods Canal area. Let me know if you decide to try Florida diving...

I would love (and plan to) to dive Florida. We might just take you up on the offer.:D

Check out the Eugene Dive Club- Welcome To The Eugene Dive Club. Our website is going through some changes, but sign up for our e-mail list. It gets you a monthly newsletter with info on local diving and upcoming group dives, many of which are geared for new divers. We meet the first Monday of every month at Amici's in the Gateway Holiday Inn. Meetings start at 7, but people roll in before 6 for networking. Membership dues are less than $40 bucks for a family, and it cost nothing to get on our e-mail list. Another resource is the facebook group "Eugene Divers Buddy Finder". People post there occasionally to meet up with other divers, get viz reports, etc. PM me if you have any other questions about local diving...

I am on the mailing list and just requested to be part of the FB group. We are anxious to meet fellow divers in the area and get diving more. We just did our check out dives with the dry suits and can't wait to go chase some crabs on the coast.

Back
Top Bottom