'Anyone else waiting for a GX7 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSR-3

Contributor
Reaction score
Wetpixel Nauticam preview here.

It looks like a great choice for video & stills, in a very small package.

I emailed Nauticam, and got back a confirmation that they will make it- but no date, only "watch the website".

Others that are seriously interested should let them know.

Hi Shaker,
I'am waiting mine NA-GX7 too.
Probably it will arrive the next week (i hope) :)
Thank you for the pictures, It seems quite "compact" this housing.
I'm anxious to prove it :)
Let us know what are your impressions using it underwater.
Scipionems

Thanks for the feedback.
What Lens, Port, and Zoom-Gear options are you starting with or planning on?

Probably I am crazy, and I will repent of my choice to pass from a quite simple compact camera to a more demanding Micro4/3, but I have purchased on the secondhand market a Panasonic 14-42 Powerzoom, an Olympus 9-18mm, a Panasonic 8mm Fisheye and one Olympus 60mm macro.
I purchased the Nauticam macro port 35 for the Panasonic 14-42Power-zoom and the zoom gear specific for this kind of lens.
The Nauticam 4" Wide Angle Port for the Olympus 9-18mm and the zoom gear specific for the 9-18
The Nauticam 4,33 dome port for the Panasonic 8mm fisheye
For the Olympus 60mm macro i will use the Nauticam Macro Port 35 with the Mini Extension Ring 30.
I am scared because I don't know if i will be able to use properly this fantastic camera and all these lenses....
Scipionems

I made some tests (out of water actually) and i noticed that it is possible to attach on the macro port 35 for the Panasonic 14-42 power zoom with the Nauticam adaptor M67-LD the Inon Wide Wet Lens UWL100LD without any kind of vignetting.
I tried to attach on this port 35 for the 14-42 , always with the Adapter Nauticam M67-LD , even the Nauticam Super Macro Converter and it works very very well.
I try to attach some pictures of these experiments.
Scipionems

Attachments

• 14-42+Inon uwl100.jpg
    14-42+Inon uwl100.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 14-42+Nauticam smc.jpg
    14-42+Nauticam smc.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 150
Hi Interceptor,
no it's not for strobe electrical connection, but for the new vacuum system of Nauticam.
I you see the Flckr set of Shaker at the second post , you will be able to see the Nauticam Housing with the vacuum valve settled in position.
I don't know if this bulkhead could be usable for strobe electrical connection too, on the user's manual there nothing about that.
scipionems

Back
Top Bottom