RIP Agnes Milowka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so sad,...... she was a member of the SB
great diver, great personality
T

Very sad.

What was her user ID?

Edit: It has now been released that Agnes Milowka was the victim. I never met her but, by watching some of her diving videos, I feel as though in some way I knew her. The diving world lost a great ambassador.

Last edited:
This is a terrible tragedy...Ag was supposed to be giving us a presentation at the Melbourne University Underwater Club this Thursday, about recent cave dives in the Bahamas, :depressed:and about her experience working on the movie 'Sanctum'.

From the knox journal:

"BORONIA diver Agnes Milowka has been found dead in Australia’s biggest underwater cave.

The 29-year-old was reported missing at about 1.45pm on Sunday during a dive with a group of Victorians in Tank Cave, near Mt Gambier.

It is thought Ms Milowka’s body is about 500m from the cave entrance.

Members of Cave Diving Australia are expected to dive before police today to ensure the route is clear before police divers retrieve the body, a task which could take between 3-4 hours.

In one of her last interviews Ms Milowka spoke to the Weekly last week about her passion for exploring.

‘‘It’s a phenomenal feeling — the rush, the thrill of exploration, it totally hooked me,’’ she said.

Reflecting on the dangers of cave diving, she said she had experienced many close calls.

‘‘Everything that could possibly go wrong for me has," she said.

‘‘I’ve been stuck in stupid places trying to push the envelope a bit, but when that happens you have three choices. You can panic and die, give up and die or, control your thoughts, feelings and emotions and give yourself the best chance of coming out alive.’’

She had worked on the recently released Australian film, Sanctum, as a stunt double.

‘‘It sounds glamorous but it was very hard work,’’ she said.

‘‘We worked very hard. There were 12-hour days, night shifts and it was quite challenging — but I loved it.

‘‘Because the movie was so full-on, I thought my grandparents may panic a bit. After they saw it, they said they were scared to death for me, but proud.’’

On Friday Ms Milowka posted on twitter, ‘‘another w-end of cave diving in Mt Gambier ... fabulous! Can’t wait to get underground.’’

She was an experienced diver who had dived at Tank Cave many times before Sunday’s fatal dive.

Tank Cave is well known as one of the best diving caves in the southern hemisphere, with more than 7km of maze-like passages.

The cave, which is on private property, is halfway between Millicent and Mt Gambier and is renowned for being a complicated underground cavern."

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible news :(

Wow.. Friggen Sad.. And this soon after Wes..
She's another one that touched a great many lives in the cave / tech community and will be sorely missed. RIP..

I am totally stunned and saddened. My sincere condolences and prayers to her friends and family. This is a great loss to our community.​

A very sad day........

I'm gonna miss my FB chats with her. Her smile was so bright, its really a sad day. She pushed limits that most never would and we lose people like her way too soon. People like her are here for a good time, not a long time. I consider myself fortunate to have know her just a little. Rest in peace AG, you will be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom