Block Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
We have one spot open...(possibly two) for 3 days of diving off Montauk and Block Island From Friday the 15th - Sunday the 17th.

We'l be staying on Block Island Friday and Saturday night. If you get out early, you can crash on the boat Thursday night to avoid the long early morning drive.

Cost of the trip is $375.

I used to go diving on Block Island when I was kid in the 60's but it was all less than 60' since no one had SPG's then and the depth gauges were those Dacor capillary things. The U-853 wreck was just a little over 20 years old then.
This dive you guys are going sounds like a blast. The last time I was on Block Island was a couple of years after Daniel Berrigan was arrested there - the early 70's.
Have fun.

Yeah we can't wait. Sea Turtle is a great boat too and a very cool crew.

We dove with them for the first time exactly one month ago...well one month and a few days.

That Sunday, back at the dock we were already talking dates with them and by Tuesday booked the trip.

Just back: grouop of 5 of us went out last thrus, and fri w/Chuck. We were able to do two on the U boat on thurs am, then it was to the Blackburn. Vis was great, 30 ++, then into New Harbor on Block, there we BBQ'ed (we brough food, chuck has grill). After a good night sleep, we originally planned on 3 dives for friday, but we got too good a sleep, and we didn't feel up to 3. So it was off to the Annapolis (sp?) , looked like should have been great bug wreck, but it was bare, vis was good 50ft, except when u stired up bottom. The wind picked up, so we headed down and did the Snug Harbor off Montauk. It worked out to be great two days.
Good luck with your trip.

DEEPLOU:
Just back: grouop of 5 of us went out last thrus, and fri w/Chuck. We were able to do two on the U boat on thurs am, then it was to the Blackburn. Vis was great, 30 ++, then into New Harbor on Block, there we BBQ'ed (we brough food, chuck has grill). After a good night sleep, we originally planned on 3 dives for friday, but we got too good a sleep, and we didn't feel up to 3. So it was off to the Annapolis (sp?) , looked like should have been great bug wreck, but it was bare, vis was good 50ft, except when u stired up bottom. The wind picked up, so we headed down and did the Snug Harbor off Montauk. It worked out to be great two days.
Good luck with your trip.
Thanks for the report Deeplou.
Does Chuck put his grill out only when docked or can we expect lunch like on the old Dina Dee w/Capt. Tom ???
I only hope the vis is that good when we get to the Uboat.

hello.
for those who havent dove that area
it offeres alot of wrecks... ALOT
i was out off block sat. diving on the black point.
we had 20'+ viz on the wreck and about 40'+ vertical viz.

We should probably stock my monster cooler with food and drinks.

yep, sounds like we'll need a few cases of brew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom