DS August 5 (Thursday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BILLB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be at Dutch with several others doing both certification and fun dives. We will be on the pennisular side. Look for the white chevy pick up. Expect to be there by 10:00AM

I might be able to get there. Any problems with a rusty diver needed skills practice?

Please drop by. We will be doing a check out for one student and another will doing some refresher work. I will also be trying out some new equipment.

Geddes:
I might be able to get there. Any problems with a rusty diver needed skills practice?

Is there room for 1 more? Did my AOW there...what a great place! Always looking to get a dive in & meet some new buddies. (Where is the pennisular side?)

Come on down. When you enter the place take a right turn and down the hill.

cbirty:
Is there room for 1 more? Did my AOW there...what a great place! Always looking to get a dive in & meet some new buddies. (Where is the pennisular side?)

Thursday the 5th of August was absolutely to best day at Dutch for viz and water temperatures. The viz exceeded 60 feet on the East pennisular ramp. The Comet, which is usually the worst viz in the ditch, was 40 feet.

We did the first check out dive on the platform without hoods or gloves!

Cathy and I entertained one open water student, two former students (Matt and Ann) and an internet fan, Christal.

Christal and I did the first dive alone and went to the helo. The Viz was wonderful.

After 300 dives on singles I bit the bullet and doubled up my 120 HP's and worked out the kinks. It turns out that I need no additional weight with 250 PSI to easily hover at 15 feet. I am using a stainless steel back plate and harness (Thanks to Jeff at NE Scuba). The Rec Wing by Dive Rite works perfectly and within seconds I was hovering as well as I did with singles.

The NC trip will be even more enjoyable since I will not have to bother with changing tanks on a rolling boat (which I hope is NOT the case).

I will be back at Dutch on 21 and 28 August (both a Saturday) with an OW student. Please drop by and /or dive with us.

Special tanks to O'Donnell Diving for the use of there trailer, shelter and very fine equipment.

Back
Top Bottom