I know this is a bit early....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...but when do all of you start diving at Dutch and off the coast? I am trying to plan a few trips to Dutch and perhaps even off the coast (if I can find a buddy). My wife and I have #2 of our family arriving June 8 (or there abouts) so I have to start planning things very early on and want to make sure I get some good diving in before I'm curtailed from my favorite activity. I am figuring the last week of April or first week of May. I would definitely be camping or finding a hotel room. Just don't want to go and hardly anyone be there.

Thanks

Daryl

hey, I went to dutch around that time, and don't worry, there will be a lot of people there! :eek:)

darylm74:
...but when do all of you start diving at Dutch and off the coast? I am trying to plan a few trips to Dutch and perhaps even off the coast (if I can find a buddy). My wife and I have #2 of our family arriving June 8 (or there abouts) so I have to start planning things very early on and want to make sure I get some good diving in before I'm curtailed from my favorite activity. I am figuring the last week of April or first week of May. I would definitely be camping or finding a hotel room. Just don't want to go and hardly anyone be there.

Thanks

Daryl

Daryl,

The "season" for boat diving usually runs from May to October with a wetsuit.

With a drysuit you can usually start a little earlier and finish up a little later.

dutch is open for a weekend a month for jan-mar, with instructor.
[if you want to go we'll get you in]
then they are open weekends [sat/sun] in april and
thur-sun in may. then everyday june thru sep.
[based on past seasons]

we will probably do an ice trip in march,
and hopefully a boat dive or two before the weather warms up.

then there is always the north carolina road trip possibility. :)

XJae:
then there is always the north carolina road trip possibility. :)

I definitely think the Wreck Valley gang needs to join us for some NC diving. Keep an eye on our forum for upcoming trips. I think the April one is full but there will be more.

suthnbelle:
I definitely think the Wreck Valley gang needs to join us for some NC diving. Keep an eye on our forum for upcoming trips. I think the April one is full but there will be more.
well, with an offer like that, who could refuse. :)
you know... we'll expect to see you all up here too.

XJae:
well, with an offer like that, who could refuse. :)
you know... we'll expect to see you all up here too.

I think that is a great idea. Maybe plan a late summer road trip up north. The NC club meets the WV club.

scubaspider:
What happens if you're in both....lol!?!?!?

Then I guess you're very lucky! You've got two clubs, and should always be able to find someone to dive with. Make sure you check out both clubs' websites for upcoming dives.

Mel

XJae - I have a drysuit(most of my dives this year have been in a drysuit) and signed up for an ice diving class awhile back so waiting for the ice to come so I can get my certification out of the way. Maybe I'll take some time off around my B-day (23rd of March) and come do an ice dive with you since I should have one ice dive under my belt by then. Will let you know here in the next couple weeks.

Wrekdiver2 - When is lobster season open? I was talking with some friends about this when we were cleaning the shark tank at the zoo and one of them used to hunt lobster off the coast of FL and said it was a narrow time-frame. I would like to grab a few bugs if possible. I know my father-in-law would probably help buy my dive gear or pay for a trip to get em, he loves em more than me.

Suthnbelle:hmmm, I might have to pass this year, maybe next year on the NC trip...something I have been wanting to do but only got so much time off.....but I'm sure I'll hear lots of stories on SB if some of the rest of the crew goes to NC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom