Props to axua for a memorable Rescue Diver course!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Me, monique and jag are finally rescue divers. we took the course oct29-30 in balai resort in anilao. the weather was great. props to axua for making this rescue course very memorable and enlightening. i have to say that i learned a lot from this course and the skills and extra knowledge i learned is certainly going to benefito my ongoing awareness and evolution as a safe, aware and wholistic diver.

Axua certainly left us on our toes and at least one rescue scenario couldnt have been more unexpected and planned better. defintely one empowering course and i defintely recommend it to anyone taht would want to improve ones abilities in the water.

*care to add jag?

congrats guys & jai of course!

just finished my aow (which was cut short by the 1st dor) with paolo...props to him as well...one cool dude, galeng galeng...grabe energy level ni pao, ayaw tumigil mag dive hehehehe

did a deep night dive at the house reef & did deep again at bahula ligpo (unsheltered pala yun...tangay kuryente sa ibabaw wahahahaha ) :D

jonix:
congrats guys & jai of course!

just finished my aow (which was cut short by the 1st dor) with paolo...props to him as well...one cool dude, galeng galeng...grabe energy level ni pao, ayaw tumigil mag dive hehehehe

did a deep night dive at the house reef & did deep again at bahula ligpo (unsheltered pala yun...tangay kuryente sa ibabaw wahahahaha ) :D

you mentioned deep twice! aow ka na talaga:) nothing beats the exciting of going deep (within safe recreational limits) and watching your max depth record get shattered by a couple of feet. know and love the feeling.

btw i heard your a new convert to the bp movement? well are you getting one already?

jonix:
actually we did a third 100 footer...1st dive yesterday morning 8am :D

yup...i'll definitely get myself a bp/wing rig :wink:

beleive me once you get the bp youl open a pandora's box of wants vs. needs:) it will never stop.....

Rescue is a course I've been considering. Glad to hear it went well.

:party2:congratulations to all of you :cake: heard you all had a great time :D we'll all now feel safer diving with rescue people like you :wink: just hope you'll never get to practice your skills on me :)

pictures???

Congratulations boys!!!

I also, just finished my Deep Dive on the weekend for my AOW. It wasn't really that deep though, 24m max(which I've done before on a pleasure dive), however, sea conditions weren't favorable, it was raining, plus the swells were huge, so it would have probably been more challenging than our 30m target on a nice day. My instructor and another student surfaced so far from the boat we had to pick them up. She vomited and was crying, good thing she was with the instructor to calm her down and gave her a few lessons about surviving. On our safety stop, it was mad trip, we were being pulled up and down by the pitch of the boat. We didn't have a chance to deploy our SMB's which we were supposed to do for our skills on our way back to the boat, we had to take the BC's off and pass them to the skipper, which was amusing to say the least since he was trying to keep his balance while pulling our BC's up. All my classmates and the instructor are going to Vanuatu next month to dive the Coolidge for 14 days, they're going to be doing up 55m there on air then offgas on Nitrox on their safety stops, which he assured them wouldn't be the same as our deep dive.

We were on Nitrox on this dive, and since it was my first time to use enriched air, I had a kind of funny feeling about it. While we were finning, I noticed that I wasn't moving and I thought I was narced(which wasn't supposed to be, since there's less Nitrogen and I've done a similar depth before). Then it dawned on me, there was a current...lol. Night dive to go and I'm done. Too bad my earlier night dive can't be credited for this course...

Congratulations to Spoon, Mon and Jag! They did great on the class! Thanks guys for giving it your best in class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom