please help a scu-BARAT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yomar

Contributor
Reaction score
This is my first post.. yay!!:D

I've been certified since '03 but haven't been diving much because of school. I don't have a BC and a regulator set yet. So for the past few days, i've been asking fellow pinoy divers what brand is good, etc. But i've been asking only about jacket type bc's. I had no idea about other types of BC's, until i found this board:D . This forum introduced me to the BP&W set up. I really got hooked to this setup because of the many advantages.. one of which is that i can actually afford one!! (well, a cheap setup.. but as long as it's reliable... ok na sa akin. I'm a scu-BARAT after all haha. Besides, when i pass the bar and get paid lying to people :11: , dun na lang ako bibili ng mas magandang rig:wink: ) But for now, i really want my own rig para naman maganda mga underwater pictures ko, diba? (at hindi na yung kulay brown na seaquest na mukhang mabantot na pinapa-renta sa dive shops):07:

Anyway, i need your help. Where can i find cheap but reliable equipment para sa aking first bp&w setup? Ok na kaya yung backplates ng KAG @philtech? How much do they cost? How about the wings? Anong cheap lang (student friendly) but lasts naman kahit for 3 years?

Salamat in advance!!!

P.S. Kung gusto niyo ako pautangin pwede din.

KAG bp's will set me back around 3k, tama ba? how about the bladder? which brand should i get and how much kaya? tenchu!

shugar:
try mo din scubastop... sa metropolitan avenue kadugtong ng jupiter (pero going towards philtech)... fairly near shopwise

pre, pag may nakita ka palang magpapautang, isama mo ako! hahahahaha

welcome to the board!

Jag

Thanks!! Parang walang gusto magpautang eh. Kailangan yata may consideration. :D

Welcome to scubaboard, Yomar! Great site this is teeming of information and opinions. Cge na, post in the introductions and greets section to introduce yourself to the international community.

Have fun finding a BP/W. Hope you find one that suits you.

clgsamson:
mura lang, a complete set is only P20 to 28 THOUSAND..

Kaya I got hooked talaga mainly because of the price. Besides, I'm a floater. Using the rented bc's, i need 12lbs of "tingga" to get the correct weight. If i switch to the bp&w, mababawasan yung weight on my weightbelt because of the added weight coming from the backplate, so mas streamlined ako while diving (tama ba mga pinagsasabi ko?). I also like the idea of it being "kalas-kalas" so it's easier to store.:05:

yomar:
Kaya I got hooked talaga mainly because of the price. Besides, I'm a floater. Using the rented bc's, i need 12lbs of "tingga" to get the correct weight. If i switch to the bp&w, mababawasan yung weight on my weightbelt because of the added weight coming from the backplate, so mas streamlined ako while diving (tama ba mga pinagsasabi ko?). I also like the idea of it being "kalas-kalas" so it's easier to store.:05:

best suggestion...try before buying :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom