Apo reef/Apo island???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could you compare APo Reef and Island?WOuld you think more ineresting to spen 2/3 days inPuerto galera then go on a 3 days cruise with Octopus divers to APo reef; or Go divng Apo Island. In tha t second case, beter to stay on the ISland5 Where ?) or dive from Dumaguete? ( an with whom?)????
IN PG, wher to stay? Sabang? which place ( A/C and hot water please ) ? Dive with octopus divers? Anyone else??

Thank you

In PG, stay at Sabang Inn. The rest of the resorts are always trying to keep up with them.

hi,
At PG try triton divers, they will give you the best and cheapest price in all of sabang.
They also have a resort at triton inn, though service is not so good but generally it's ok. But i stay at Seashore resort a little far from Triton. But my family wants to stay in that place. its far from the clubs and more peaceful.

Hello I was just in P.I.`s and in PG I stayed at Seashore also. Big double beds, ac, cable 20 in. TV I dove with VIP very close to Seashore ( Jaime at VIP told me it was best place for the $ ) VIP was $20 a tank with DM , boat, weights etc. Sabang is a small place . I was gonna stay at Big Apple but really near discos til 2 - 3 am. I liked it a lot. Very fun. If you`re a single guy !!! Try to get to Verde Island. Apo vs Apo Island. Apo reef hands down. I went to Apo island 15 km south of Dumaguette...Eldorado... expesive for Philippine standard $ 27 -$ 30 US a night...they did have an excellant breakfast that came with room. The diving was a bit spendy...though $ 20 -$25..with all the park fees...camera fees...gas fees at Apo Island kind of turned me off. I went to Moalboal...Pangasma beach $15 dives. 3 hours from Dumaguette with ferry Tampi to Bato and Bus to Moalboal. P.I.`s are a blast. Alona Beach Bohol is HIGHLY recomended Baliacsg Island was probably the best diving I saw in P.I.`s. Apo Reef and Tubbatha Reef are The best. Hope this helps. Very easy to get to PG from Manila 3 -4 hours $15 US Kind regards Kevin

415Gem:
Hello I was just in P.I.`s and in PG I stayed at Seashore also. Big double beds, ac, cable 20 in. TV I dove with VIP very close to Seashore ( Jaime at VIP told me it was best place for the $ ) VIP was $20 a tank with DM , boat, weights etc. Sabang is a small place . I was gonna stay at Big Apple but really near discos til 2 - 3 am. I liked it a lot. Very fun. If you`re a single guy !!! Try to get to Verde Island. Apo vs Apo Island. Apo reef hands down. I went to Apo island 15 km south of Dumaguette...Eldorado... expesive for Philippine standard $ 27 -$ 30 US a night...they did have an excellant breakfast that came with room. The diving was a bit spendy...though $ 20 -$25..with all the park fees...camera fees...gas fees at Apo Island kind of turned me off. I went to Moalboal...Pangasma beach $15 dives. 3 hours from Dumaguette with ferry Tampi to Bato and Bus to Moalboal. P.I.`s are a blast. Alona Beach Bohol is HIGHLY recomended Baliacsg Island was probably the best diving I saw in P.I.`s. Apo Reef and Tubbatha Reef are The best. Hope this helps. Very easy to get to PG from Manila 3 -4 hours $15 US Kind regards Kevin

Hey Gems,

Great to hear you had a blast! like what jonix said, do come back! But i'd like to hear about what you thought of anilao compared to the other locations. What sites did Axua take you too? Sorry I couldn't dive with you guys.

Great to hear that Roger is taking good care of you folks at the Seashore. If you have a chance stop in at Sabang Inn and talk to Ralf or Gunter about diving out of their place. I recommend their guides. If you are into muck diving then you have to have Randy or Cenon hook you up with pygmy seahorses and the like. Tell them I recommended you and they will take SUPER care of you. Always keep 50 bar!

I spent a week staying on Apo Island in November last year and thought the diving was quite good, healthy reef with lots of life. A beautiful island, but nota whole lot else to do there. At the time dive price came out to average $18 per dive for me at Pauls Dive on the island including marine park fees after doing 14 dives. Sounds like the price may have gone up a bit?
Just finished a 3 day/2 night liveaboard out to Apo Reef and was very happy with the diving there as well. Very nice coral, great vis, lots of fish and a few reef sharks, etc. Cost was $85 per day, 10 dives total.
Between the two I would chose to stay in Sabang for a few days and then do the liveaboard out to Apo Reef if I only had a week or so for diving. Diving around Sabang is good and that including the liveaboard will give you more variety than just diving Apo Island.

I too spent about 4 nights or so on Apo Island and stayed at Liberty's Lodge and Paul's dive shop. No complaints, and some good diving actually some of the better diving I have had in PI, I might return to Apo again.

Back
Top Bottom