Around Apo island: Apo, Dumaguete or Siquijor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the neighbourhood of Apo; would you think better to stay around dumaguete, directly on Apo Island, even without hot water, A/c and the possibility to get stuck on the Islandd? I Siquijor a good option?

Things are pretty basic on Apo Island. There are many good choices on the mainland side which also gives you some other options for diving. I found the diving at Siquijor to be very mediocre.

Yes. I have stayed at El Dorado and Atlantis. Sea Explorers used to have the diving concession on El Dorado but have now built their own accommodations and have their own dive center. Several types of rooms at El Dorado and good food. Nice salad bar. Not sure of the diving now that Sea Explorers no longer holds the concession. I generally stay at Atlantis now - food OK, accommodations nice, but I have some reservations about how they run their dive operations. Tend to cater to the larger Japanesse-Korean groups when they can get them.

I stayed on Apo Island itself in June of 2005, had a delightful time, even without 'hot water' and my g/f is a Full Blooded Illicano (Filipina from Illicos Sur) and she enjoyed our time and she just snorkels. There are alot of 'nice resorts' near Dumaguete or south which can cater to about everyone, but it sure was nice on Apo Island waking up with the dive shop below you!

Back
Top Bottom