San Vicente Palawan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djbroussard

Reaction score
The wife and I may need to go to San Vicente on business. If we have the chance to go, I would like to spend some time to explore Palawan. I have some questions that I hope someone can answer for me:
1) Where are the best dive sites and shops located?
2) How much travel time is involved in going from El Nido to San Vicente? Puerto Princesa to San Vicente.
3) I would like to visit the El Nido area also. Any recommendation for staying in El Nido and San Vicente?

My thanks in advance,
Dewayne

Welcome to ppd dewayne! :boings:

i've never been to san vicente but i know some friends who have. they say it's really beautiful there. lots of dugong (seacow) :thumbs-up but they also say beware of some ripping currents there. maybe cathy (cla) can shed some light as to where the dive shops are located there.

as for the travel time, it takes 2 hours by land from puerto princesa to san vicente. i think that'll be your point of entry since puerto princesa is the only city there with an international airport (i think).

from san vicente to el nido, it takes about 4 hours by land. you have to brace yourself for some serious rough roads. in el nido, i recommend miniloc island resort. they'll treat you and your wife like royalty when you're there :D

a highly recommended tourist spot in san vicente is port barton. they say it's really nice there. home to the longest beach in the country :14:

djbroussard:
The wife and I may need to go to San Vicente on business. If we have the chance to go, I would like to spend some time to explore Palawan. I have some questions that I hope someone can answer for me:
1) Where are the best dive sites and shops located?
2) How much travel time is involved in going from El Nido to San Vicente? Puerto Princesa to San Vicente.
3) I would like to visit the El Nido area also. Any recommendation for staying in El Nido and San Vicente?

My thanks in advance,
Dewayne
i'm in puerto princessa now! did 2 dives and it was pretty good... but we didn't get to hit the hot spots as the winds were up and the sea would've been pretty choppy

i'll tell cathy (CLA) to chime in when i see her again tonight or tomorrow night for drinks

Jag

Hi,
We are planning to go to Palawan for 6 days in April 2007, after our liveaboard to Tubbataha. Do you have more information about the diving and resorts in the neighbourhood of Port Barton? Is it worth the trip?
Regards,
Margriet

Margriet:
Hi,
We are planning to go to Palawan for 6 days in April 2007, after our liveaboard to Tubbataha. Do you have more information about the diving and resorts in the neighbourhood of Port Barton? Is it worth the trip?
Regards,
Margriet
hi margriet,

well to be honest puerto princesa bay and honda bay will in no way compare to tubbataha... but is it worth it to dive? i don't see why not since you're already there...

there's also other stuff to do in palawan with a trip to the underground river a major highlight (no diving but it's great nonetheless)...

try to PM CLA as she's the resident of puerto princesa city and she can hook you up with great dive ops there

Jag

Hi Jag,
Thanks for your reply. Where can I find PM CLA? Do you have a website address or e-mail?
Regards,
Margriet

Margriet:
Hi Jag,
Thanks for your reply. Where can I find PM CLA? Do you have a website address or e-mail?
Regards,
Margriet
thanks for the save pak!

@margriet: oops sorry! didn't mean to say everything in scubaboardese hahahahaha

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom