Diving In Coron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

japan-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a group of divers wanting to dive the wrecks in Coron. The group will be a slight mix of experienced divers and full blown techies and possibly some guys looking to do some trimix training while down there. What op would you reccomend that can accomadate this? (All divers speak English, so Japanese translation is not necessary)

Not really any dive shops there that are geared for technical diving. You may have to coordinate something with one of the PG or Manila based dive shops as they would be able to work out logistics, doubles, mix, and most of all training ifetc...

Try contacting Dave Ross and Sam Collett at Tech Asia in Puerto Galera. If you have enough people that are interested in trimix training, they might be able to arrange a special trip to Coron. I know Sam will do tech wreck courses in Subic.

But if I recall, you really don't need trimix for most of the wrecks in Coron... just some EAN and some deco tanks...

iris_ice:
our group went with discovery divers. i'm not sure if they offer trimix but i can pm you our guide's contact info if you're interested.

here's a trip report on how it went:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=126664&highlight=coron

I dove with Discovery Divers in late March and highly recommend them. I don't think they have trimix, but then again, you don't need it in Coron. All of the wrecks are 43 meters or less in depth. Discovery Divers can provide twins and deco gas, but doesn't have blackplate, wings, etc. for rent. If you want to dive doubles you will need to bring your own.

hey manhattan,

Discovery Divers do have a BP/W for rent. When a couple of us went, a certain someone (nickname begins with "Sp" and ends in "oon" :)) forgot to pack their H wing and ended up renting from Gunther. I think it depends on availability. P150/day.

Discovery Divers is a tech shop. They had some tech gear (dunno how much) and were starting a TDI Adv. Wreck course as we were leaving. But as has been mentioned, they don't have mix. The bottom of the deepest wrecks is at about 145 ft so while mix would be a bit useful in a couple of situations, for the majority of the wrecks, nitrox is sufficient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom