Best places to dive Philippines in October.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katz

Reaction score
Hi, what are the best places to dive Philippines in October? Can somebody recommend a good 4-7 days liveaboard and then land-based for land based for 1 week?

TIA.

Katz:
Hi, what are the best places to dive Philippines in October? Can somebody recommend a good 4-7 days liveaboard and then land-based for land based for 1 week?

TIA.
well the tubbataha season is out in october so your best option for a quality liveaboard experience should be apo reef...

land based: what's your thing? currents, pelagics, macro, relaxing dives, roller coasters, fish feeding... there's a lot to do and many places to do them but based on the general concensus your best choices are (in no particular order)

anilao
Puerto galera
bohol
cebu
palawan/ coron
camiguin

weather wise, i'll wait for the older guys to chime in... their knees are better at that info :wink:

Jag

shugar:
land based: what's your thing? currents, pelagics, macro, relaxing dives, roller coasters, fish feeding... there's a lot to do and many places to do them but based on the general concensus your best choices are (in no particular order)
Currents and pelagics.

How about Palau? Its a $300 US flight from Manila...... Makes for a good add on at that time of the year.
I'd go for Anilao/PG or Malapascua. For Pelagics, i personally would go to Palau, after working there for a year i still thought the diving was great on a day to day basis..

Thanks for advise, Scuba_Si, but I kinda heard that Palau is too expensive.
I tried to find some of the locations you guys mentioned and have some questions.
Anilao is that the one which is in Batangas province?
Where is Malapascua? Can't find it on the map.
Is Camiguin located between Mindanao and Bohol?

Live aboard at that time of the year would be Apo Reef in Mindoro. Then heading back you could get off Puerto Galera for land based diving.

Barangay Anilao, Mabini, Batangas,

Malapascua is at the tip of CEBU

Cagayan de Oro is the nearest city to Camiguin, northwest of mindanao.

Katz:
Thanks for advise, Scuba_Si, but I kinda heard that Palau is too expensive.
I tried to find some of the locations you guys mentioned and have some questions.
Anilao is that the one which is in Batangas province?
Where is Malapascua? Can't find it on the map.
Is Camiguin located between Mindanao and Bohol?

Katz, don't mind Paolov.. he is a troll.... :wink:

PG and Anilao might be nice. base yourself out of PG and then do a day trip to Verde Island and another day trip to Anilao... (1 hour or so between them)

As Axua says, you can coordinate liveaboard from PG

Back
Top Bottom