Balicasag..Where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipster

Registered
Reaction score
Would like to Dive in the area and would like to know which dive resort to stay at. Closest to dive sites? Good food? Night life? Right on the beach?
Thanks

I would recommend staying in Alona Beach on Panglao Island and taking a day trip over to Balicasag. Lots more options for places to stay, food, and night life vs the places on Balicasag which have nothing much happening aside from diving. Nightlife is is fairly low key in Alona as well, but quite a few places to have a good meal and drinks at the end of the day. Plenty of good dive sites close to Panglao also.

As for specific places to stay, that would depend on your budget as there is a wide range available. Most all of them are located right on the beach. I have been been diving with Genesis Divers which is a good dive shop.

Welcome to ppd

theres only one place to stay on balicasag, and its just a quiet resort run by the philippine govt. id stay on alona beach on panglao and day trip as well.

hi, chipster! when do you plan on diving there? some friends and i are planning on diving there in september. we'll be staying in a resort on the island itself. is that the same resort you're referring to, F Unit?

Kinski:
hi, chipster! when do you plan on diving there? some friends and i are planning on diving there in september. we'll be staying in a resort on the island itself. is that the same resort you're referring to, F Unit?
there is only one resort in the island, Balicasag Island dive resort.

haha, sabi ko nga (like i said...)

so why isn't anybody recommending this dive resort again? nothing horribly wrong with the place, i hope?

Kinski:
haha, sabi ko nga (like i said...)

so why isn't anybody recommending this dive resort again? nothing horribly wrong with the place, i hope?

well lets see, water in the island is gold...

you can do balicasag in 3 dives. Prices are cheaper in Alona, more things to do in Alona, easier access in or out of Alona.

hi kinski - as caloy said, theres only one resort on the island so that's where you'll be staying... i don't know really how to review the place, because it depends on what you want to do.

rooms are clean & comfortable (a/c, bed, shower) and there's a restaurant there too. the food is simple and good, but the service is really slow (really really slow), so if you're looking for a place to dive and sleep only - it's great, however if you're looking for things to do in your surface intervals/at night, i'd stay on alona beach.

put it this way, if i head back to balicasag ill be staying on alona.. you can get to balicasag in like half an hour or so.

ah... that's okay i guess. so long as i have the water, the sand and the sky as my backdrop, i'm happy :D

maybe next time we'll do alona.

Back
Top Bottom