NE1 want a Mares Pure Vision Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, I've got too many masks sitting around my apt.

After losing a Mares X-vsion in the Balicasag in Sept, I picked up a Mares Pure Vision in Alona. The fit just isn't right for me. In fact, I even exchanged it at the Scubaworld shop in Cebu City and still had slight problems with it in Malapascua. I'd get this really small leak somewhere on the left side. Maybe its just not making a good seal on my fat face... I can't image both were defective. Anyways, I ended up buying a different mask here in HK this week.

Soo, if any of you PPD'ers are looking for a nice looking mask for cheap, I could bring it down to Manila at the end of this month. You could then try it for as long as you need to ensure its OK. And if you like it, we can arrange for payment when I'm back in the PI in xmas... Anyways, PM if you're interested. As for price, just tell me what the best price you can get it for in the PI, and I'll put a discount on top of that...

purevision.jpg

which is better? an x vision or a pure vision.

i have a mares x vision now, but its white with blue lining. and i like the all black colour of urs. :D

May as well chime in here:

I also have a very new Mares Pure Vision that I do not like or want (the bridgeframe presses too hard into my nose, and the range of vision isn't any better than my other masks).
Blue w/clear skirt, $25, in San Francisco....

(Sorry to hijack your thread pakman....)

oooh pterantula, did you have to quote that price from SF!!! j/k

rhadamantus, I would probably say stick with the x-vision unless the color thing is really an issue!!

rhadamantus:
which is better? an x vision or a pure vision.

i have a mares x vision now, but its white with blue lining. and i like the all black colour of urs. :D
i use the same mask... love it... but i fell in love with this simple single-lens orca with super-soft skirting...

now i have to convince myself i need 2 masks! hahahaha

sorry for the hijack hahahahaha

Jag

clgsamson:
Myra and I both use mares purevision masks...I already exchanged it three times with Ellen for leaks, same place Mike. The third one is now ok, Myra hadn't any problems with her copy.
is it a pure vision or a pure/x problem... sometimes i get a tiny leak but i figured it might just be me... because sometimes i'm good

i also noticed when i'm more vertical and the bubbles from my reg go up into my mask is when i tend to have more tiny leakage...

hmmmm... must consider 2nd mask...

Jag

i love my mask. it fits perfectly. never had a problem with it until now when i was doing my underwater navigation dive, screwed it and end up laughing, so bubbles came out everywhere and the mask started leaking.

lol. its not the mask's fault. it was mine.

but i wish i could have one, all black. :(

clgsamson:
Myra and I both use mares purevision masks...I already exchanged it three times with Ellen for leaks, same place Mike. The third one is now ok, Myra hadn't any problems with her copy.

gaah... 3 times??? really? is the PI just getting a bunch of defective mares masks? It was driving me mad during my trip to the Visayas. There is some small leak on the far left side. Whenever I look up, I would get a trickle of bubbles coming out and worse of all an annoying squealing sound like a high-pitch fart... The DM's kept looking at me wondering if I'm eating bean burritos during the SI...

Oh well, if that's the case, I better not give it to anyone. I'll hold it til Dec when I go thru Cebu and maybe Scubaworld can do something about it if they still allow exchanges. Else it's going in the garbage bin...

On a positive note, the oceanic shadow frameless mask I bought last week worked PERFECT all weekend over 4 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom