Questions for diving in Donsol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hk_sleepy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am intersted to dive in Donsol but I have some questions:huh: below:
1. Is there any dive centre in Donsol except leyte-divers and whaleofadive?
2. Which dive sites is better provided by leyte-divers and whaleofadive (because
these two dive centre is in the different part of Donsol)?
3. Which month (the end of March or Mid-April after the easter) is great chance to
see Whaleshark?
4. If some of my friend was not a diver, is it good for her to go to Donsol? Is there
any other activities ( except diving) that she can do?
5. Is there any body message services:rofl3: provided in Donsol?
6. Can I dive with whaleshark or I can only watch in Donsol:eyebrow: ?
Hope someone can slove my questions or share their diving experiences in Donsol.
Thanks a lot!

I think your geography may be a bit confused. Leyte Divers and Peter's Dive Resort (a.k.a. "whaleofadive") are both in Southern Leyte. Donsol is in the southwestern part of Luzon. In Donsol you can only snorkel with whalesharks. In Southern Leyte you can dive with them as well. I haven't been to Donsol, but I've heard there's not much to do when you're not swimming with the whalesharks or looking for them. Southern Leyte is pretty quite as well. If you go to the latter though, check out Sogod Bay Scuba Resort (www.sogodbayscubaresort.com). Highly recommended. March or Mid-April should be equally good times to visit.

We only snorkled in Donsol but saw over 14 whalesharks in 2 hours. No diving there...nor flash photography. It was an awesome experience though and i would recommend it to anyone.

The season is feb to may. we went in april.

jigo:
I think Jan is too early for whalesharks in donsol. i heard the best time is march to may.

Yeah I heard about it too but since my flight has already been planned (From the 30th December to 12th Jan) I'm trying my luck.

Emailed diveticao already but still waiting for response. Though I know chances of WS is low in Jan ... maybe I might be lucky to see 1.. :) Some sites I've seen does say that it starts from December but the highest aggeration would be in March to May as you have said.

Will be in Anilao from the 30th to 6th Jan. Anyone there at that time? How is Aquaventure Reef Resort like? Surely no WiFi there right?

you can call Conz of dive ticao at +639176303400.
am not sure about wi-fi in aquaventure but the service there is tops!

Back
Top Bottom