New to Ph. diving - Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcolman

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning a first trip to the Phillipines for diving, and am thinking about a week in Puerto Galera and maybe a few days in another location.
Thinking about Action Divers since Atlantis seems very pricey.

Can someone please advise.

Also, I hear that March-April is the best time of year for diving conditions. Is this true?

Any comments and recommendations appreciated.

Rick Colman
Laguna Hills, CA

welcome to PPD, rick. diving in puerto galera is okay all year round but yes, ive heard from the local divers in PG that April is the best time.

action divers' a good choice, too. or asia divers ( i think this is larry's official dive shop since he got kicked from atlantis--- oooops!) there are actually quite a number of good choices of good dive shops in galera. i dive exclusively with big apple because they give me good deals!

hi rick, welcome to the PPD!

PG is great diving during that time... where else you go will depend on what you want to see and how much time you have left on your vacation...

jon is right, those visayas destinations are top-notch diving for sure!

you now owe us a trip report for our help - enjoy your dives!!!

Jag

Atlantis gave a price of USD 3200 for OW + AOW + 8 nights accomodation. it's unbelievable!

Hope you are lucky.

How many dives have you got included in that price?

Hi

I don't know PG but I definitelly advice Sogod bay and Dumaguete, look at my blog and PM me if any question.
PS. Don't forget the whale sharks in Donsol!

Just got back from PG. Fantastic place! April is regarded to be the best time to dive but any time of the year seems to be good barring typhoons and storms.

Most of the dive ops in PG seem to be around US$20 - US$30 per dive depending on the sites and gear. I was diving with Asia Divers which are very well organised, great staff and nice boats. Due to their size and staff, they are able to 5 dive trips a day to the various spots depending on your experience and your whims. Their 7 day package with El Galleon is quite reasonable especially with the free dives and huge breakfast.

Traminer:
Just got back from PG. Fantastic place! April is regarded to be the best time to dive but any time of the year seems to be good barring typhoons and storms.

Most of the dive ops in PG seem to be around US$20 - US$30 per dive depending on the sites and gear. I was diving with Asia Divers which are very well organised, great staff and nice boats. Due to their size and staff, they are able to 5 dive trips a day to the various spots depending on your experience and your whims. Their 7 day package with El Galleon is quite reasonable especially with the free dives and huge breakfast.

i smell a trip report coming :D

Back
Top Bottom