Dive shop in Quezon, Palawan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know if there's any kind of a dive op in Quezon, Palawan? I'm going there in about a week, and figured there wasn't, but just wanted to check. Thanks!

Ted

Hi Mampsa, it's actually south of Puerto, near the Tabon caves. Thanks for the tip though about Coron, I've not been there personally, but it sounds like a good place to get hooked on wreck diving!

Ted

Ted, if you have even a remote chance to get up to Coron, do it! U/W vis isn't great, but there are some awesome wrecks there. Topside scenery is beautiful there as well!

now u reminded me of my unused coron seair ticket, pak. :(

i must use it soon.

Yah, I hope to get to Coron someday. I was actually planning a trip there this spring, but we're going to Quezon instead. It doesn't sound like there's much diving going on down there.

Ted

palawan is over-all nice, anyway, ted. :). ull love it. oh btw, maybe u can go try drop in el nido.

Hi paperdesk. As far as I know, Quezon is a mountainous area and the nearest resort that offers diving is Maydavian which is in Narra- another municipality in Southern Palawan. I'll try to find thier number and send you a pm. However, I haven't tried diving there so can't tell you if it's ok. You might be better off diving in Puerto Princesa City (Island divers or Last Frontier Dive) or Roxas Municipality (Cocoloco Beach).

Will you be visiting the Tabon Caves in Quezon?

Thanks Maggie: I've been diving in El Nido several times, there are some really nice sites there!

CLA: I've never dived out of Puerto, so that would be fun to check out that area. I've been diving in Coco Loco many times, in fact that's where I got certified! Great place, one of my favorites in the world!

I guess Narra is about 1.5 hrs from Quizon, on the way back to Puerto? I probably won't be able to go that far during my stay in Quezon, but maybe on the way back . . .

I'm planning to visit the caves, although I hear it's a little dissappointing since they took everything out and sent it to Manila.

Thanks the the tips!

Ted

Back
Top Bottom