Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackhammer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to get info on singapore. I was wondering in any diving was going on around there. I am thinking of trying to find a job as an instructor. I know there are plenty of better places around there but my girlfriend got a teaching job in town so I am limited to this area. Any ideas dive shops you know of......Also how is the town in a non diving related way (e.g. nice people....)

any help and info would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Jacques

I don't think there'es diving in Singapore. I have colleagues from there and they travel to Thailand, Malaysia or Philippines to dive.

Sentosa is their famous beach and I don't think you'll see anything there.

Er.. Singapore is not in the Philippines, maybe this topic will be better in the Asia section.

No diving in Singapore... I repeat no diving in Singapore. Don't let those dive ops fool you into diving in 3-5m vis pea soup at Pulau Hantu or Pulau Salu unless you're a masochistic macro murk diver.

As for on-land stuff, I think SIN is one of the best places to get gear in Asia. Low GST, wide variety and competitive prices. Lots of other things to do... depending on your fancy.

I can only say, Singapore is a great place to shop. nothin much to do there really. Everything is pretty expensive. But there is always Malaysia and Thailand and Philippines. Singapore is one stop for budget airlines so it's not going to be a problem going around these countries. :)

Traminer:
No diving in Singapore... I repeat no diving in Singapore. Don't let those dive ops fool:rofl3: you into diving in 3-5m vis pea soup at Pulau Hantu or Pulau Salu unless you're a masochistic macro murk diver.
HAHAHAHA....:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Sentosa Singapore
Dive and Swim Programmes special deals*:
#Marine Discovery : S$30 per person (U.P. S$45)
#Dive With The Sharks : S$80 per person (U.P. S$95)
#Dive With The Dugong : S$50 per person (U.P. S$70)
#Swim with the Dolphins : S$100 per person (U.P. S$120)

kat's been in and out of singapore and sadly no diving there. she did say something about an awesome olympic-size swimming pool :D

There IS diving in Singapore. Yes, vis can be really bad but if you look close enough and is observant, you will definately see stuff.

Check out this site and for an idea of what you'll see in Singapore waters:
http://www.pulauhantu.org/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom