Free EXIF reader for firefox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
if you use mozilla firefox you can install this plugin (free!) that allows you to view the exif info of any jpeg image (if available) just by right clicking then selecting "properties"

http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/fxif/

i got this off a digital underwater photog forum...

Jag

pardon this neanderthal but what is exif data and why is it best to delete them?

jigo:
pardon this neanderthal but what is exif data and why is it best to delete them?
EXIF = Exposure Information

Modern digital cameras save a series of information bytes on each file that can be viewed either by the camera, the camera's software, or in this case, the browser

EXIF gives info on focal length, shutter speed, camera used, exposure setting, aperture, etc. etc etc... it's a great way to determine how mega gorgeous shots like caloy's and dennis's (fine, and mikey's) got that way

Jag

PS
i don't know why it would be best to delete them... i wouldn't

jonix:
uy the thing works :11:

maybe we could ask kim or whoever to move this to the photography section. nice find jag.

have to start erasing my exif data hehehehe
thanks... side thanks to Doy for getting me on that forum (you and caloy there too i know) that's where i found it

Jag

shugar:
EXIF = Exposure Information

Modern digital cameras save a series of information bytes on each file that can be viewed either by the camera, the camera's software, or in this case, the browser

EXIF gives info on focal length, shutter speed, camera used, exposure setting, aperture, etc. etc etc... it's a great way to determine how mega gorgeous shots like caloy's and dennis's (fine, and mikey's) got that way

Jag

PS
i don't know why it would be best to delete them... i wouldn't

oh thanks for the info. does that also include infor on corrections via photoshop?

Back
Top Bottom