Bacolod to Bohol ..how to get there???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipster

Registered
Reaction score
Hi gang

Will be in Bacolod in January and I'm trying to go over to Bohol, Alona Beach. Whats the best way to get there? Going to be staying at Peters House, maybe and diving with Genesis. Any one stay there? How about alona Tropical? I kind of like having my own CR better then a shared at Peter House.

chipster:
Hi gang

Will be in Bacolod in January and I'm trying to go over to Bohol, Alona Beach. Whats the best way to get there? Going to be staying at Peters House, maybe and diving with Genesis. Any one stay there? How about alona Tropical? I kind of like having my own CR better then a shared at Peter House.
i don't know exactly the vessels and/or the skeds and/or the actual routes BUT the interisland ferry system in the visayas is pretty comprehensive

so, from bacolod you'll most probably be able to get a ferry to cebu, then cebu to bohol... i don't know though if there's a direct "flight", or you have to connect or there are stop overs

if you want to get there faster there's a flight (www.cebupacificair.com) to/from cebu from bacolod or ilo-ilo (across guimaras straits) and from there a 2 hour ferry to tagbilaran bohol - it's also P288 plus tax so it might even be cheaper than the whole ferry crossing system

hope this helps

Jag

I think you can also take a 6-8hour bus ride from bacolod to dumaguete and take a 1 hour ferry ride from dumaguete to bohol.

fastest way would be to take the ceres bus from bacolod to dumaguete (via kabankalan). do not take the one via san carlos as this will take you 6-8 hours. via kabankalan would only take u 3-4 hours. from dumaguete, you can proceed to the port and take the ferry (ocean jet or weesam). they both have two schedules in the morning and two scheds in the afternoon.

Ceres Bus: Bacolod-San Carlos 2hrs
Fastcraft or AS: San Carlos - Toledo Cebu 45mins
V-hire: Toledo-Cebu City 2hrs
Supercat: Cebu-Tagbilaran Bohol 2hrs

You can also take the Ceres Cebu express bus so you don't have to transfer but it will take longer since this bus will take the 2 hour ferry ride. Take the 1st trip from Bacolod so you will be in Tagbilaran in the evening.

Thanks everyone, I found out there is a ferry from Dumaguete to Tagbilaran Daily

yes, there is. and its less hassle to go to bohol from there if you are coming from bacolod (compared to dropping by cebu).

just make sure u are taking the bacolod-dumaguete via kabankalan to save half on travelling trip. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom