Back from Alona & Duma! Loved the jacks & cudas.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Blues

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to say thanks to all the wonderful people in the Philippines for once again making my scuba trip safe and enjoyable. I had some flight delays/SNAFUS courtesy of Philippines Airlines but all in all I have nothing but good things to say about my trip. I REALLY enjoyed the schooling jacks and cuda off Balicasag. A most spiritual experience! Those dives were worth any discomfort that comes with travel. Alona seems to be growing, hopefully it won't turn into a Boracay. I like things on the funky side & I hope it stays that way, but I fear more growth is inevitable. Apo Island off Negros is still alive and well complete with lots of turtles. The "pier" in Dauin is also thriving. My number finally came up when an O-ring on my tank blew out at about 45 feet.(I hate it when that happens!) Lots of bubbles, but no panic, just kicked over to the dive guide and used his octopus and we both slowly surfaced. The banca was right there and I was given a fresh tank and within a few minutes I caught up with the group. A little wake up call so I don't get too relaxed I guess. There are times when I get down there and I don't want to have to surface. Must be the nitrogen? This year I got better acquainted with Red Horse and now prefer it to San Miguel. I miss everything and I felt weird returning to the mountains of northern New Mexico. You guys have a great thing going on. Cherish it and accept my thanks to this board for all the helpful posts, past, present and future.
Stay wet....

Red Horse is made by San Miguel but is a bit too sweet for me. Besides, I'm watching my beer belly.

Nice report! Any photos? Where did you stay in Alona?

Mr. Blues:
Just wanted to say thanks to all the wonderful people in the Philippines for once again making my scuba trip safe and enjoyable. My number finally came up when I got better acquainted with Red Horse. I miss everything and I felt weird.

i took the liberty of streamlining your message ahahahahahahahahahaha

glad you had a good time! give us another heads up when you plan to come back, there's so much more to explore here

Jag

Alona kicks ***, hoping to get over there again next year at some point, adding on a stop to either Duma or Southern Leyte.

Any other notable sightings whilst in PI? - Sharks/seahorses/napoleons?

Regarding other notable stuff...saw at least four big (beer keg sized) sinister looking,
gorgeous purpleish blue jellyfish with some ugly brownish matter inside them, that almost seemed to be following me. Two years ago in Southern Leyte saw pilot whales. If you're going to Leyte check out the marine sanctuary (I can't spell the name...it began with an N something)but be careful of severe down currents. I got slammed down to about 130 feet in a matter of minutes. First time I actually saw my bubbles going down instead of up.

Traminer:
Red Horse is made by San Miguel but is a bit too sweet for me. Besides, I'm watching my beer belly.

Nice report! Any photos? Where did you stay in Alona?

I stayed at Alona Tropical. I don't have an underwater camera or even a computer.
This post is done from work. Maybe someday I'll break down and actually get one and learn how to show photos. Too sweet? Try some limes and salt with Red Horse. Kind of a margarita substitute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom