Budget Diving in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcolman

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a cost-effective resort/dive operator in Anilao or generally in the Batangas. We are trying to stretch our stay in Ph. to three or four weeks next March, and need to watch our expenses.

Any advice appreciated.

TNX.

Rick Colman

rcolman:
Can anyone recommend a cost-effective resort/dive operator in Anilao or generally in the Batangas. We are trying to stretch our stay in Ph. to three or four weeks next March, and need to watch our expenses.

Any advice appreciated.

TNX.

Rick Colman
hi rick,

how "budget" do you want? the resorts iris listed are the best ones but can also cost a wee bit more than the rest

there ought to be some downright spartan accomods available in anilao given the number of tiny resorts and operations in the area

also, (i can speak for balai only so YMMV) if you plan to stay for such a long time anyway, they can definitely cook you up a custom quotation for that extended stay that would be far lower than the published rates

Jag

Looking for first class dive operation that can cater to experienced divers/photographers. Don't paticularly need a divemaster in the water as long as the boat can follow our bubbles. Don't care much about accomds as long as it is cool, quiet and the beds are decent. Don't need fancy resort.

We are only spending a few days in Anilao, then a few more in PG, then to Visayas.

Recommendations much appreciated.

Rick.

then the above resorts will serve you well.

most dive packages will include a DM - you won't need the babysitter, but i'd recommend this so you have a local guide with you who knows the reefs (there's easily almost 40 divesites in anilao alone) very well and where the critters are hiding

actually just tell the DM what you need and want and your wish is his command

Jag

Mabuhay Kamusta all SB`ers I have been in Phils for 6 glorious weeks ....PG, Bohol, Negros,Mactan , Camiguin , Gen Santos and have 1 more week. I went to Anilao with Axua last year ...It was first dive of a month safari... Stayed at Aquaventure and must say thought the accomodations were spartan and expensive. I remember it how many people are on boat that made the dive prices good . Anyway Axua was traininf\g a novice diver and I wanted to go to Sombrero and Verde wall ...never happened. The dives were nice but not really challenging. I want to return to Anilao and really see the good dives. I love macro photography ...So Basura is tops on the list. Is anyone gonna be in Anilao next weekend Sat and Sunday. I will try to get in touch with Axua but if anyone else has room for return to Manila Sunday after morning dives ... I would love meet up and discover the real Anilao. Kind regards 415Gem:crafty:

Back
Top Bottom