Scuba lesson for kids at Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brownman

Registered
Reaction score
NewB here, tried searching but couldn't find any answer....need help.
My 9 year old son is looking forward to our trip to the Phil in March and wants to take scuba lesson. I'm thinking of Puerto Galera being close to where my wife is from (Batangas).
Here's my question....
Best scuba shop and instructor that specializes in kids
Recommendation and preparation he needs
Best way to experience the sport for his age
Finally....cost.
Any other suggestions, comments is muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Salamat Po

Anilao is very near Batangas and has some terrific diving and some nice resorts. The rest of the crew will be here soon.

Thanks Diver Dennis for the lightning response!
Yes, I was considering Anilao as well... any personal recommendations?

Aquaventure is a favorite of a lot of the PPD here as well as me.

Just a bit of background on the PPD here. They all met here online and now have a community of divers, most from Manila but some members from Yap, England and the US as well as Canada.

They will be giving lots of advice and might even be around to dive with you. Wonderful bunch of people.

Brownman,

Check with Asia Divers (www.asiadivers.com). They regularly have kids doing bubble blower courses (min age: 8) and open water course for older kids. Great group of foreign and local instructors. Contact info should be on their page.

Here's their page on the bubble blower course. http://www.asiadivers.com/asiadivers/begcourses.php#bubble

As for getting him prepared? I guess if you get him comfortable with snorkeling would be a good start.

Diver Dennis:
Oh yes, and Hong Kong as well as other places I've missed...:wink:
Hong Kong such of nice place for scuba training...:14:

Back
Top Bottom