Best beach in Panglao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
Which beach in the east part Panglao is best, mostly for snorkeling (not too dirty and not much sea weed) - Alona beach - western part, Alona beach - eastern part, beach at Bohol beach club or Dumaluan beach ? Or are they similar and comparable, without big differencies?

Bohol beach club has a nice dive just off their premise. Nice private beach as well with less boat traffic than Alona. But the food sucks at Bohol Beach Club

Was able to snorkel the west part of Alona (in front of Bohol Divers) couple of years ago. Once you get past the seaweed/seagrass part you get some nice corals. Best part is right over the drop-off; you get a nice little wall/ledge that bottoms out at 40-50 feet. Hope the site's as good now as it was back then.

Alona Beach being the premier spot on Bohol, its my preferred place to stay because of the (small) variety in nightlife - few bars, different restaurants (although somehow i mostly end up at the restaurant of Alona Tropical on the beach, also like the AT best to stay). The beach at the east end (in front of the Alona Tropical) is the widest, palm fringed and quite beautiful. Also marginally less cramped w/ the dive bankas. The first say 100 - 200 meters of the sea are shallow and covered w/ grass and those starry buggers with big spines that really hurt if they sting, forgot the name. Beyond is the drop off which is great for diving. Guess its about 5 to 8 meters deep when the tide is high so may be a bit too much for snorkelling. Also quite an end away from the beach, i am a comfortable swimmer but still, long way. You could ofcourse snorkle the shallow part. Think its pretty similar on the western part of Alona Beach.

Dumuluan Beach is less crowded, less wide and there was only one big hotel in 2005 when I was there. Owned by the local major, it caters to the japanese market (i know cause we made the flyers the major distributed at at Tokyo convention).

Panglao is a great place for divers, but I would be hesitant to bring a non diving girlfriend for the total lack of non diving entertainment (other then sipping gin tonics at the beach). But then, my girl usually beats me to the water, lucky me.

Bombarie:
(although somehow i mostly end up at the restaurant of Alona Tropical on the beach, also like the AT best to stay).

Alona Tropical is ok but not the best. Too many tourists and the cottages are too far away from the beach. (2 mins walk.. ). And somehow the BBQ seafood stall there makes me feel bad eating the same fish I was diving with earlier in the day.

Try the Isis Bungalows. Quiet. Pristine. Private seaview balconies. And free wifi if you have a cup of brewed coffee at Lost Horizon next door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom