sogod bay vs. malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi guys. am going to cebu feb 24-27 and am trying to decide between heading to malapascua and crossing over to sogod bay. is late february still too early for the tresher shark season in malapascua? will it still be whaleshark season in sogod bay by then? thanks!

Ditto. IMHO, there's no contest between the two. Other than the Threshers and a couple of wrecks, Malapascua diving is nothing special. Sogod, on the other hand, has some of the best diving in the Philippines and you should have a decent chance of seeing Whale Sharks while you're there.

On the other hand, Malapascua has kick *** italian food... and great pizzas?

thanks for your response guys.

@pak: the best way to sogod (shortest land trip required) from cebu is via hilongos on oceanjet ferry?

Jigo, there is another ferry, Kingswell? that goes to a town slightly closer to Hilongos. Hilongos is just a little over an hr from the resorts. I'm trying to remember the name of the other town you pass from Hilongos on the way. Try to search jbb (jason) as he mentioned this ferry as well. Or if Matthiew is online, he could tell you as he caught the Kingwell ferry back to Cebu.

pakman:
Jigo, there is another ferry, Kingswell? that goes to a town slightly closer to Hilongos. Hilongos is just a little over an hr from the resorts. I'm trying to remember the name of the other town you pass from Hilongos on the way. Try to search jbb (jason) as he mentioned this ferry as well. Or if Matthiew is online, he could tell you as he caught the Kingwell ferry back to Cebu.
Maasin?

ah that's it... Maasin... How could I forget... with the big advertisement for a bikini bar!!! :wink:

isnt that the one via a slow ferry?
is the bikini bar worth a detour? ..

Back
Top Bottom