Hanging Out In Alona Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcolman

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the best way to spend a week diving in Alona Beach ... book a package deal with one of the dive operations there,

or,

reserve a hotel or resort room in advance, and then just pick a dive shop when I get there?

Rick Colman

Reservations in Philippines are a lot of fun... most places don't need your credit card and you can get away with making 10 different bookings before making up your mind when you arrive. This is horrible over peak periods because all the good places are full up but lends flexibility if you're arriving at a less crowded time.

Hi Rick -

So you settled for a week in Alona Beach rather than hush hush around - IMHO a great decision. I like the Alona Tropical resort - its on the nicest stretch of beach, quite cheap but decent and clean little bungalows some almost directly on the beach. They have a resident dive operation, Sea Explorer, used to have Danish shop manager in 2003 and 2005, think his name was Arne. There's at least four other dive shops on the strip of beach, so look around a bit for a good price. Most of them have daily exists so just look around and if you like it, go for it. Wouldn't bother making reservations for the dives, but for the room i would (though not in the style suggested above but that's up to you). I personally like Baywatch Divers, a local owned shop. Vernon is a great guy and his son Butch will find you all the good stuff, but i reckon most dive masters will. Have fun, arie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom