Possible trip to Manila in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you have a clue on where here in PI? There are too many dive sites. If you'll b ebased in Manila, PG, ANilao or subic or th more known areas that can be accessible by land trip.

This forum is perfect for your queries, read on with some of the reports other members have posted.

Cheers

PG has all year round diving.

and august is the month where you can get everything the cheapest (well maybe except food). but with regards to flights, accommodations and the rest, this is the bargain month.

not sure about the weather, it used to be rainy season during july and august but that has changed for the last 2-3 years. :)

august can be the tail end of the rainy season... weather can get iffy so travel that includes sea-going vessels can be tricky (a little less so with air travel)

my best reco would be anilao as diving there even during typhoons is doable (some of the PPD have done it)... also viz, i hear, clears up immensely when the surface weather sucks...

hope this helps

Jag

Puerto galera has my vote for july and august> Ditto for sana gapito wall in verde.
DONT go to palau july and august , you'll never make t to Blue corner or any of the famous dive sites bec of the southwest monsoon.

shugar:
august can be the tail end of the rainy season... weather can get iffy so travel that includes sea-going vessels can be tricky (a little less so with air travel)

my best reco would be anilao as diving there even during typhoons is doable (some of the PPD have done it)... also viz, i hear, clears up immensely when the surface weather sucks...

hope this helps

Jag

ditto. i'm one of those stupid enough to dive during a typhoon...and was rewarded with the clearest viz i've ever seen in anilao.

Back
Top Bottom