Diving in the Philippines in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
Planning to go back to the Philipines in May for 3 weeks, looking for some new dive spots.
I have been to Apo Island, North Pandan Island, Apo Reef, Coron, Moalboal, Padre Burgos, Alona, Cabilao, Malapascua, Sipalay.
I thought about going to Cagayan Islands from Sipalay or going to Marinduque, but I could not find a dive shop there. I do not want to go to on long liveaboard trips.
I love walls and good night dives. Good spots for big stuff would be nice.
All suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Liberty

Anilao and Puerto Galera are good bets. Amazing macro and close to Manila. The rest of the PPD will be up later and give you some good advice. I headed back to Manila tonight.

dennis, youre coming over again? whoooo, we always welcome your $$$$!!!! :)

liberty, dennis is right. Anilao and PG are great sites too. and no shortage of competent and fun dive guides who can bring you to sites worth your time and money. also, try Balicasag Island in Bohol (not sure if you meant this when you said Alona).

Thank you for your posts.
Are there some more options?
How about Maniguin and Panagatan close to Boracay? Apparently famous for big fish, but I do not want to dive at 50m in hell of a current.
Thank you.
Liberty

havent tried that one yet. guys, opinions on these sites?

you can also try camiguin island, Liberty. i heard the diving there is good. i believe Mike veitch has dove there ages ago! :) and oh, southern leyte too.

PPD: where are the experts when you need them?!

rhadamantus:
dennis, youre coming over again? whoooo, we always welcome your $$$$!!!! :)
lol ...don't always mention $$$!!!! is not right :no

Hi!
I agree on Southern Leyte. I have been there.
But, I am looking for somethinng new.
Thank you.
Liberty

guimaras?

Liberty01:
Hi!
Planning to go back to the Philipines in May for 3 weeks, looking for some new dive spots.
I have been to Apo Island, North Pandan Island, Apo Reef, Coron, Moalboal, Padre Burgos, Alona, Cabilao, Malapascua, Sipalay.
I thought about going to Cagayan Islands from Sipalay or going to Marinduque, but I could not find a dive shop there. I do not want to go to on long liveaboard trips.
I love walls and good night dives. Good spots for big stuff would be nice.
All suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Liberty

Hi, I'm facing a similar dilema for my May trip. I have not been to North Pandan Island, Apo Reef, Moalboal, Alona, Cabilao or Sipalay. Any of these worth visiting more than the others in your opinion?
I usually try a new location with a quick trip to Malapascua (I like the variety of dive sites and nudibranchs) but of the places I've dived I find that Apo Island and Tubbataha were the most pristine and Apo Island had just the right variety of ocean life for me - I especially enjoy the small stuff.

Sorry I can't offer you big stuff ideas unless you want to come to Seattle and dive with grey whales, orcas, five foot ling cod, six gill sharks or 125 pound octopuses in a dry suit.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom