Cebu - Hilongos (Southern Leyte) ferry cancelled??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

planetary soul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So apparently the Golden Express ferry bewtween Cebu and Hilongos (Southern Leyte) has been cancelled. Can anyone confirm this? What's the deal? Are there any alternatives? Will it be back in action anytime? (specifically at the end of April?)

I may have to postpone or call this part of the trip off and go somewhere else instead, which is too bad since I was looking forward to it! I know I could go to Bato, but the ferry time is very late and I'm travelling with a friend who has very little vacation time! Boo! :(

Does anyone know if other ferry services (or times) with Ocean Jet are also affected?
I checked on the website http://www.oceanjet.net/index.htm and there is no mention whatsoever.

thanks.

took the oceanjet ferry last month to hilongos. they could still be operating.

planetary soul:
It seems that they're trying to get a replacement for that service in the next 2 weeks. *fingers crossed*

Planetary, did you check with either Peter or Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, they should probably know the low down on the ferry situation.

Also, I recall there is a third fast ferry company that goes from Cebu to Bato (which is even closer to the resorts)... Kinswell? One of guys in our group took that back to Cebu.

edit: oops, nevermind... didn't read your time constraint in your first post

Yeah, Peter was the one who told me. It's just wait and see for now, plus I've moved it to the end of my trip so it won't impact my friend. I was hoping to go as early as possible though because it's already the end of whale shark season by then!

planetary soul:
Yeah, Peter was the one who told me. It's just wait and see for now, plus I've moved it to the end of my trip so it won't impact my friend. I was hoping to go as early as possible though because it's already the end of whale shark season by then!
Without knowing much about your time constraints, what's your objection if you take the ferry to Ormoc and drive for 3 hours? If you catch the 6am ferry, you get to Ormoc by 8:30am and be at the resort by 12noon:D However, it does suck that the Hilongos ferry got canceled.

Back
Top Bottom