Who has shore diving in Anilao? (and other Anilao questions)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm still trying to decide where to dive in february, i'll be in singapore for 3 1/2 weeks, anilao looks like it might be a good option...

if I go, I might try to stay at a couple of different places, who has good shore diving? (preferable free). I read that planet dive does, anyone else?

has anyone seen big schools of fish in the area, if so where?

and how about mandarin fish, flamboyent cuttlefish, have people seen them around anilao?

I would do a few dives at basura, what is the best way to dive there, rent tanks and get a ride?

where are peoples favorite places to stay and dive shops to use in that area?

thanks alot for the practical info, I'll be sure to read old threads also

scott

Shore diving in Anilao?
You've never been there have you?
Some of the dive sites are within reach of the resorts near the shoreline, but there is no beach. There is the road, then the 'resort' then the water, all downhill, to the waters edge.Ggetting out to those sites, you will have to deal with the moderate boat traffic.
Great sites from what I hear. great place for intermediate to advanced divers.

Yep, some great dive sites. Currents are common, but are alright. Some resorts you have boat traffic, others you have a stretch of pebbles as the shore. Depends on which one you go to.

The way it works in Anilao is you go to a resort to dive and you get a boat to get to some of the dive sites. Planet Dive is a good place to go to, I've always enjoyed my SIs there. Green with lots of foliage. And Twin Rocks is right infront and that's an awesome dive site.

Big schools of fish....a couple weekends ago I saw a large school of silverfishand barracuda (Sombrero Island). There are schools of batfish, yellowtails, barracudas, assorted reef fish... The school of the biggest fish I've seen was a school of jacks and that was only once. But the schools of fish are small compared to Verde Island or Bohol. [-]I was never really a fan of basura.[/-] I've seen the flamboyant cuttlefish a couple of times at pani's point (next to twin rocks).

You've never been there have you?

Great sites from what I hear.

Have you?

For shore diving you might be able to walk into Basura from Outrigger resort if you stay there, it's not too far away. If you aren't staying there you could dive from the shore but transport for divers in the area is by boat, i doubt a car and driver would be any cheaper. For schools of fish such as Anthias then out on BaHura might be ok, but with the blue water fish they move so much you cant really predict where they'll be.

Solana Bezo resort has a nice house reef but can have quite a bit of current there from time to time.

In Anilao you pretty much always need a boat from what i've seen, and they aren't cheap if you're travelling alone. If you're on a budget you may be better to head over to PG where it's a flat rate per dive, but you are likely to be diving in groups.

Maybe see if anyone else on here is there at the same time and wants to share a boat?

balai has a house reef, it's a small mound but tons of creatures... to the right is a short surface or submerged swim to pani's point, bebots and deadpalm... to the left is an even shorter swim to twin rocks...

it's not "free" but for the cost of the tank you're diving... P500 i think for a DM (they won't let you dive solo there unless you've literally grown up on the rocks... safety :biggrin:)

Jag

good shore diving: planet dive and dive n' trek.
big schools of fish: twin rocks (jacks), daryl laut (some batfish), dive n trek (jacks), mainit point (cudas if you're lucky)

for mandarins, flamboyant and other macro subjects, best if you book with solana for their "secret sites"

good shore diving: planet dive and dive n' trek.
big schools of fish: twin rocks (jacks), daryl laut (some batfish), dive n trek (jacks), mainit point (cudas if you're lucky)

for mandarins, flamboyant and other macro subjects, best if you book with solana for their "secret sites"
dive with the ORC!

Hmm... will be in Solana late next week. So will they make me sign a non disclosure agreement? I got this feeling they're going to make me wear a blacked out scuba mask with large headphones on blaring heavy metal on the bangka ride out to the "secret spots"... :coffee:

Hmm... will be in Solana late next week. So will they make me sign a non disclosure agreement? I got this feeling they're going to make me to wear a blacked out scuba mask with large headphones on blaring heavy metal on the bangka ride out to the "secret spots"... :coffee:
I'll be in Anilao on the 9th.

Back
Top Bottom