Dumaguete resort question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ngfl3

New
Reaction score
I usually dive in Anilao with a resort that is fantastic in catering to my needs but I would like to try diving in Dumaguete primarily for the muck diving.

I'm a serious underwater photographer and need a resort that has unlimited house reef diving and very little restrictions.
For example if I decide to stay with a subject for an hour I would be left alone to do so rather than play follow the leader or have to stay with a group. If I decide to enter the water at 6am it's not a problem, etc.,etc......

Are there any resorts that are flexible and cater to the serious photographer in this area?

Thanks in advance

S.K.......................................................................................

My kind of customer! I do not know of any resorts there that provide that sort of freedom. The gang might steer you in the right direction. I do know that in PG if you dive at Dive Dojo or Sabang Inn they will cater to your needs. Good on you for demanding that sort of personalized service.

I usually dive in Anilao with a resort that is fantastic in catering to my needs but I would like to try diving in Dumaguete primarily for the muck diving.

I'm a serious underwater photographer and need a resort that has unlimited house reef diving and very little restrictions.
For example if I decide to stay with a subject for an hour I would be left alone to do so rather than play follow the leader or have to stay with a group. If I decide to enter the water at 6am it's not a problem, etc.,etc......

Are there any resorts that are flexible and cater to the serious photographer in this area?QUOTE]

I stayed at Liberty Lodge on Apo Island - not sure if they get off the island but I was diving four times a day around the island and most of those dives were just with the dive guide. It was really slow last May. I don't want to sound like a broken record about Libery Lodge but I'm sure they would be able to accomodate you. They had plenty of dive guides available and they were taking turns with me while I was there. I was able to request certain dives and skip the beginning so we could get to the Ribbon eel spot so I could try and get a better photo.

i tried bahura resort and they pretty much allow you to do what you want. better if you dont join groups though since they always have to consider everyone else and not just you. best if you hire your own boat and local guide. warning: santuary fees and camera fees are charged for every dive in almost all dive sites in Dauin. Apo island charges a fixed fee for the entire day for diving and camera.

hmm... I think this is an april fool's prank on the PPD.... I can't see it at all...

SOMEONE HAS HACKED SB AND PLANTED HOT CHICKS EVERYWHERE!!!
Maybe the "other" forum is planning to overthrow the SB folks?!?!?!

I heard that the flaming chick apeared only as the Avatar of non-DIR members and that it was a symbolism that we were going to die and burn in hell if we didn't convert!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Most resorts won't let you in the water alone at 6 in the morning. Diving with a buddy at the housreef of the resorts is in general no problem.
Be aware of the rules in Dauin Apo, you might find yourself in the hands of the police when exit a sanctuary after 6 pm or enter before 6 am.
The fees are a joke, now 250 PHP for a dive with camera and 300 PHP for night-diving (even not allowed inside the sanctuaries). A newly formed group of dive-pros is working on a solution of that problems ... more here . will keep you informed..

cheers from Dumaguete

Rhoody

During my recent week at El Dorado Resort in Dauin there was a fellow from Amsterdam named Erik with a large video rig (40-50 lbs.) who pretty much did what he wanted on most of our dives and the divemasters gave him no trouble. On my second dive he spent at least 25 minutes straight filming a Flamboyant Cuttlefish. The divemasters may have been a little lax at times, a new diver would have to pay attention as the divemasters couldn't always keep us in a group, but for confident and experienced divers it was no problem, and if you did get lost the shore was a short swim away on almost all dives. Apo Island was nice for coral, but seemed to have more current so much more difficulty taking pictures, especially of the small stuff. You might also contact Mike at Adventure Diveshop (adventurediveshop@yahoo.com). He is building a house in Dauin practically next door to El Dorado and Pura Vida. I didn't get to dive with him during my week, but he is very helpful and I am sure he would provide you with support for solo shore dives in the area. I just appreciated the free nitrox at El Dorado. I did a solo shore dive for my last dive and nobody had any concern - just sign out and in on the dive board and go. Have Fun

Back
Top Bottom