Transportation from Cebu city to Moalboal and Panglao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltySpit

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK. I am having difficulty finding information on reliable ground transportation from cebu city to moalboal...it is a trip that I will be taking a few times a week, so I am looking for CHEAP as well as reliable. Does anyone know if there are any buses that run regularly? From what I can tell, it is only about 50km away. So I am surprised I can't find much on it.

Also, are there any boat fairies that run regularly from panglao to cebu city?

The buses to Moaboal leave the south terminal regularly during the day. You shouldn't have to wait much more than 1 hour max before departure if you just show up at the terminal, although its probably best to leave by mid-day if you can. The frequency of departures could drop off in the afternoon.

The daily ferries from Cebu City will go to Tagbilaran on Bohol, from there take a taxi or tricycle to Panglao. When arranging transportation from the ferry terminal in Tagbilaran to Panglao, the price gets cheaper the further you walk away from the exit.

The bus would be the best option for Cebu City to Moalboa, for Cebu to Panglao try Ocean Jet . You will find lower prices the further away from the Port you get, but you shouldn't heave to go very far. If you walk about 1/2 mile to the city , there is a nice restraunt you can relax and enjoy a good meal, then get yourself a tricycle ao cab to Panglao Is. You most likely want Alona beach ther are a couple of nice places to stay that won't cost you and arm or a leg Isis Bungalows - Welcome to Isis Bungalows or Welcome to Flower Garden Resort. you can dive with Baywatch divers on the east end of the beach, it's behind a restraunt if you stay near the water, (the path goes on both sides of the restraunt).
You'll have a great time!

30min I reckon. I forget how much it is. I had arranged a private van through the hotel.

My understanding is that the Librando buses, which seem to run back and forth between Cebu City and Badian (just south of Moalboal) run about every 30 minutes or so. It's not a bad ride. They'll let you out along the highway in Moalboal, and you can take a trike from there to the main area where all the dive shops are.

thanks!

how long does it take to get to tagbilaran to alona on panglao by taxi / trike? how much would that be?

450 for a taxi, 600 for a van. They have official rates the last time I was there.

I acquired this guy's services while I was there

Edwin

He charges 1400 for the tour I think. You can get it cheaper elsewhere,but I wouldn't recommend paying more than that.I had a taxi driver quoting more than 2k for the tour.They have official rates posted on a notice board somewhere on the island.

You can take a taxi (yellow airport taxis are more expensive so take the white ones) for about 2500.
another option is Cebu SOut Bus Terminal, take the ceres Liner going to moalboal fare about 91pesos.

or a v-hire, i recommend the v-hire at Caltex Service Station in front of Cebu South Bus Terminal for 100 Pesos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom