Camera & Video Sanctuary Fees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pony

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In regards to Apo Island and Dumaguete, What are the Sanctuary fees with regards to Video cameras. If I calculated right these could be as high as $80 to 120 per dive day according to the link below. Is this right??? Are there plenty of othe areas to video in the Dumaguete area without these crazy fees? I'm all for reef protection and fees to support, but these seem very high and could change my mind from this area. All I have is a small video camera in a Ikelite strobe housing; What's the difference between this and cameras that also shoot vid clips. What other specific areas have these fees in the viasys and are the video fees just as high? Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Apo Island Day Trip

I could be completely wrong but I dont think that is fees for you to take your video...I believe that is a fee to have someone video your daytrip.

Video and camera fees are charged at Apo, if I recall something like p200 per dive on top of the p200/p300 per person diving fee.

If you pm Rhoody on that site he will probably be able to tell you more about it includes.

Also ask him how he thinks P200 per tshirt is so overpriced! :wink:

Cheers,

Matt.

... I bring a group of divers to Apo Island and get my commission-shirt for free, not like in a DS i worked where the boss wanted me to pay for the "working-uniform" :shakehead: (50% discount but still way more expensive than a shirt from Apo Island) and after I asked him if he was joking he gave me 5 of his old ones (incl. one with cockroach holes)...hehe. And it was not at Asia Divers in PG...
250 - 300 PHP (300 is for adult-size) on Apo Island for a ok quality shirt is still way cheaper than the rip-off at some Beach Resorts... :mooner:

ok but here the additional fees in Duma and Apo

Dumaguete (Dauin)
snorkeling - 50 PHP
Dive w/out camera - 150 PHP
Dive w/ still camera - 200 PHP (heard rumors that it might be raised to 250 PHP)
Dive w/ video camera - 250 PHP
Night dive - 300 PHP

There are no night dives in the Sanctuaries allowed (6 pm - 6 am) but you get charged.
even you dive during daytime outside the sanctuaries you get charged with the fees

Apo Island fees:

Visitor entrance 50 PHP (per day)
diving fee 300 PHP (per day)
video fee 3000 - 5000 PHP (usually the Diveshops will not mention that at the collectors point on Apo)

Pony, the fees mentioned on your link (what a fantastic website anyway :D) are the official fees listed at the collectors office at Apo Island. At present Divers get charged per day, not per dive.

Different dive-shops run different policies in Dauin. Some include the fees, some put them on top. Make sure they tell you in advanced. There is one shop where diving looks quite cheap, but they charge boat, guide and fees on top that the final price is higher.

The DUCOMI Pier is a must-dive in that area.
There are also some "backstage" activities going on regarding the fee's in the Dauin area. I can't talk about it yet, just some information ... HERE ...

cheers

Rhoody

rhoody/ matt

i'll be in dumaguete june 21 for work june 22... i can request getting flown in on the 20th (friday)...

can you PM me day trip rates? unless (matt) you're covering my accommodations :eyebrow:

seriously though...

Jag

PS
don't forget the hefty PPD discount...

rhoody/ matt

i'll be in dumaguete june 21 for work june 22... i can request getting flown in on the 20th (friday)...

can you PM me day trip rates? unless (matt) you're covering my accommodations :eyebrow:

seriously though...

Jag

PS
don't forget the hefty PPD discount...

You can stay at my house :D Walk in dives to Dauin North Sanctuary...

You can stay at my house :D Walk in dives to Dauin North Sanctuary...
wouldn't wanna impose but definitely sounds better than coming in from bethel to dive... will be in touch in May...

and can we do the ducomi pier at least once? do we need a boat for that?

Jag

Back
Top Bottom